Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnitz jersey

Re: Burnitz jersey

Suave,

To answer your question there are various reasons why I had the jersey evaluated by employer, MEARS.

1. MEARS Database: As a MEARS research intern, it is my job to add and verify certain things regarding jerseys. When I purchased these jerseys from the Milwaukee Brewers, it was part of my job to add this into our database. What I do is find examples, including ones in my own collection, and verify the certain aspects of that jersey.

2. Tangibility: I personally like to have something that is easier to handle than a jersey and easier to look through than a rack of jerseys in my house. When I have a LOO from MEARS in my filing cabinet it makes it easier for me to find what I currently have both in my collection and for sale/trade.

3. Resale Value: I believe that by adding a MEARS letter with any jersey, whether it come with provenance or not, it will increase the resale value of the jersey due to the trust that people have in MEARS.

Additionally, I would like to restate that within this auction and within all of my auctions that I sell an item with a MEARS LOO, I clearly state that I am an employee of MEARS.

If you have any further questions regarding this jersey or any of my other jerseys I encourage questions and will answer them as soon as possible.

-Andrew

OK - I have been following this post, and have decided to comment. Please correct anything if it is wrong or you have questions...

If you (Tilley) were actually working for MEARS when this jersey was entered into the database, it seems to me that there is at least a slight conflict of interest there. You are selling a jersey that was evaluated by your employer?

If Someone at PSA was selling an autograph that had been authenticated in-house by PSA I might say the same. This has nothing to so with the legitimacy of the jersey...the Brewers letter would be enough for me - especially at that price.

Maybe I am wrong, but boredom at work has led me to read the employee handbook several times...I am not trying to discredit you in any way. You have answered every question asked of you...and that is more than many corporations do when items of theirs are questioned in this forum.

Regards,

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As long as there is proper disclosure of such, I don't see a problem. I'd much rather see a MEARS employee sell something of theirs (which they are entitled to) with MEARS paperwork rather than send it to someone else (i.e. Lampson) to authenticate.