Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Need help from White Sox experts

I am looking at buying a game used vest style jersey from 2007. It is the white jersey with the black pinstripes. They then wore black shirts underneath. I have looked through tons of photos online, and have only found pictures from 1 game wearing the vest's. I was wondering how often they wore this style jersey.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need help from White Sox experts

I can guarantee you they wore them on 6/9, 6/24 and 8/8 since I've seen photos from those games. I suspect they wore them no more than ten times since they are being phased out starting this upcoming season.

Mike

There's an Erstad sleeveless jersey on eBay but the guy wants way too much for it (375) I could've bought it at SoxFest for 300 but I figured they didn't wear them that much it wouldn't be that great. I'm pleased with my gray and black cool base jerseys I bought instead.
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Thanks for the info. Twinsbb17 that is a nice Erstad collection you have. The jersey I was reffering to in my initial post was an Erstad also. I grew up in a small town near Jamestown, ND where Darin is from. I try to collect items from players that are from North Dakota.

Dave, email me at adamjhanson (at) mac.com

Thanks,
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Dave, did you buy the Erstad sleeveless jersey off ebay a few days ago? I had been sitting on the fence on that jersey for a month now. I was a little bummed to see it go, but if you got it, that's good.

I believe in a recent uniwatch they said the White Sox will no longer be using the vest style jersey. So 2007 may be the last year of it. I wonder if the Twins will be using the home white vest alternate anymore. Seems the last couple of seasons they have had them, they never use them much at all.