Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Steiners Sports ?

I am wondering if anyone else has had problems with them? About a month ago I dropped some $$$ on stuff of Phil Hughes and one item was wrong so I had to return it to get the right one. Well today I get my winnings from their auction. I won 2 things a TClip BP road jersey and his road pants. Well I get TClip's pants, but someones else's jersey. It was #38 and 2 sizes to big. I called and told them what was up and they are replacing it. This is the second time I have ordered from them and the second time something wasnt right. Do I just have bad luck?

jerseydave.com

Re: Steiners Sports ?

No, your not just the lucky one. I won 5 different auctions and all 5 got messed up. Wrong items sent, no LOA's, they said they shipped one out to a wrong address, wasted 2 days off from work for them to pick items back up at my home, and I finally gave up. The 5th auction items was never fixed and I never bothered... its just not worth it to me...

David

jerseydave.com

Oh, and 4 of the auctions were lots where each lot had 3 items in it. When I received each one, I only received 1 item and I had to chase them down for the other 2 items. I just kept sending e-mails to Brandon Steiner and somehow that would make the auction dept call me back.. until I sent him e-mails, I never got called back or they said they would call me with certain details and never did....

I called them today and waited 15 mins for them to find my order. The good thing is that UPS is picking it up tomorrow, but then I have to wait again for them to send the jersey. To me that is more work for them. They should inspect what they ship to us or something.

jerseydave.com

Quote Originally Posted by plt4008usmc View Post
    I called them today and waited 15 mins for them to find my order. The good thing is that UPS is picking it up tomorrow, but then I have to wait again for them to send the jersey. To me that is more work for them. They should inspect what they ship to us or something.

They did the same thing to me. But why they had me send my jersey back was beyond me. I won a lot that had 3 jerseys in it, they only sent me 1 jersey. So I had to be home for the UPS driver to pick the package back up from me.. (I missed work for this)..but the jersey I had was part of the lot, they just did not put the hologram on it and send a LOA with it. So I send it back, they return it to me with a LOA and a Hologram.

This is where is gets good, while the jersey is on it ways back, they have UPS deliver a LOA to my house with extra holograms so I have spare ones to put on the jersey.. I have 3 extra holograms and 3 extra LOA's for items that I don't have, never won, and still am amazed a company would send holograms out by themselves to anyone..

Then they send me a box with only 2 jerseys in it for the ones that were missing from the lot that I own, then i get a separate box sent to me which was the original jersey I sent back. They did this to me on 3 separate lots of only sending me 1 item, and then have me send it back, just to return it to me, and send me a separate box with the 2 items that were missing in the first place...

David Serviss
    817-454-2420

wow you have had it bad. I think next time I will hesitant to deal with stieners. I can understand once doing this but the two times I ordered stuff something has been wrong. I am glad I am not the only one.

This is where is gets good, while the jersey is on it ways back, they have UPS deliver a LOA to my house with extra holograms so I have spare ones to put on the jersey.. I have 3 extra holograms and 3 extra LOA's for items that I don't have, never won, and still am amazed a company would send holograms out by themselves to anyone..
    You'll have to list those on eBay.

Banned

I have attempted to give them my money twice and had nothing but problems with them. They are not worth the aggravation. And they are certainly not the end all with yankees items. Given my problems with them and other problems I have heard and read about a Steiner LOA or hologram is worth about the same as any other LOA in this hobby. Even one from Lampson.
    Sarahsdad

Wow... I have purchased over 15 different Sandy Alomar Jr Mets items from them in the past 6 months and have not had one issue at all. They all arrived super fast with the proper cert tagging and paperwork as well. I have never had an issue at all with them.

Steiner appears to have some pretty significant "left hand/right hand" issues. In my experience it's impossible to get them to send items from two different teams in the same box. It's as if each area (Yankee$, Met$, Dodger$, Red $ox) is run as a franchise...that doesn't talk to the other "franchises".
    Also, what's with this business of charging a "buyers' premium" on auction items that they own???
    Finally, it's pretty clear that they're not paying top dollar to the people who work in their billing department. It would take several lengthy paragraphs to describe the havoc they wrought in my checking account this month...