Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Gu: Signed Or Unsigned?

maybe Covered Here Before - But Do You Feel A Game Used Piece Signed Or Unsigned Raises Or Decreases Value Of Said Item? Wether Bat, Jersey, Glove...i Still Like Especially With Vintage Stuff Getting Mine Signed. Thoughts?
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • DRILLINDK
    • Nov 2007

Re: Gu: Signed Or Unsigned?

It probably has been covered before, but it's good conversation.

Personally, I would rather have a game used item unsigned. I think it's so difficult to attain a quality signiture. I also like the thought of having the jersey exactly how it was during the game.

Just my personal opinion...what's every1 else's thoughts?

Rick
    drillindk@yahoo.com

Comment

• Chris78
      • Nov 2007

It is interesting someone brought this up because I thought about posting something similar.

I personally prefer my game used items unsigned; however, if it is a special event where the player is only wearing the jersey for one game (normally this is something for charity) then I prefer it being signed. For instance, I have won auctions at the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons for ALS jerseys and also for the 4th of July special jerseys and these were signed, which I would then prefer.

The reason why I thought about asking about this is because of my situation. I won an auction a few weeks ago for a David Brown (G) Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Military jersey and they asked me if I wanted it signed and I said that is fine because it was only worn for this one game. They have yet to get this player to sign it, and now I am seeing on their message boards that this guy was being sent down "briefly" because of a Pittsburgh Penguins Goalie being on the roster due to injury. I was thinking about telling them to forget the signature. This is my first hockey (NHL or minors) game worn jersey by the way.

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Just to help you guys out this topic was brought up yesterday and many times before this, if you do a search you can find many many threads on this topic.

Just to help you guys out

Comment

Working...