• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • platinum1
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

Originally posted by hblakewolf
    Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig. How can you possibly claim and also prove he used this in the minor leagues?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Wow! Why do you have to put the guy down like that? This is why people dont like posting in this site. You just couldnt ask why he believes this is a Jeter Minor League bat.

Comment

• 3arod13
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by platinum1
      Wow! Why do you have to put the guy down like that? This is why people dont like posting in this site. You just couldnt ask why he believes this is a Jeter Minor League bat.
      Thanks for your comment. It's appreciate by many, although most won't say it because of the backlash they know they will get. There are some who think they have all the answers and feel the need to let it be know.

I never understand why some people have to be rude and think that they have all the answers. Yes, the question definately could have been asked in a better way. I didn't care for it myself, but took the high road and just answered the quetion.

There are many game used items out there that can't be backed up with documenation or proof.

This particular bat was given to a ball mark manager of the Nashville Sounds. Documentation is forthcoming. However, many will still argue the authenticity.
      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
        • Aug 2007

i should arod have to answer such rude questions from hblakewold if he isnt trying to sell him the item regaurdless of the authenticity it would still be cool to have a bat signed by jeter.
        Baseball do what it do
        -Ron Washington

Comment

• camarokids
          • Jun 2006

Everybody play nicey now !

All right lets get back to the topic at hand !

I got this beauty of an item for $30 after shipping . I bought quite a few team balls off of a local ebay'r . He then offered this "poster" without sending pictures . So I passed on the item .

I thought it was paper poster so I did not want to risk buying it . Upon seeing the pictures after the seller listed it on ebay , I wanted it . It is a hard plastic sheet that apparently was hung at the stadium or a store or ??? cause there are a bunch of two sided tape on the back of the board .

This was signed in Caracas, Venezuela during the Braves vs. Devil Rays series they played down there .

Click image for larger version

Name:	2000devilrays1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	643650
          Thank you,
          David

This is my email address here!
          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• camarokids
            • Jun 2006

Tony,
            It is plausible that Jeter did use the bat . Unlike today where most of the minor leaguers have their own names engraved on their bats .

Back in Jeter's years in the minors there wasn't a boat load of bat companies trying to sign players like today . There was Louisville , Rawlings , Cooper , and was Worth still making bats ?

In the 1970's Frank Wren used to live a few houses away from me when I was kid and he always gave us bats . They were all PRO STOCK's or team named . The Jamestown Expos he played for , I will have to double check that info. Yes that is correct , also West Palm .

I do agree that Howard should not be concerned with your task of authenticating the bat . Unless he is being sincere and is genuinely concerned for your welfare that you may have been duped in your purchase of the said bat.

Cheers ....
            Thank you,
            David

This is my email address here!
            dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by camarokids
              Tony,
              It is plausible that Jeter did use the bat . Unlike today where most of the minor leaguers have their own names engraved on their bats .

Back in Jeter's years in the minors there wasn't a boat load of bat companies trying to sign players like today . There was Louisville , Rawlings , Cooper , and was Worth still making bats ?

In the 1970's Frank Wren used to live a few houses away from me when I was kid and he always gave us bats . They were all PRO STOCK's or team named . The Jamestown Expos he played for , I will have to double check that info. Yes that is correct , also West Palm .

I do agree that Howard should not be concerned with your task of authenticating the bat . Unless he is being sincere and is genuinely concerned for your welfare that you may have been duped in your purchase of the said bat.

Cheers ....
              Thanks! The bat is a 100% authentic Derek Jeter Cooper Game Used Yankee Team Signed bat. I have documentation forthcoming that will confirm it. Bat was signed in 1994 (see example). 1994 was the only year jeter signed his signature this way. The end of the signature is the way to tell it's from 1994). Also, being a Yankee Team Bat from the early 90's, you're correct, there would be reason to assume/believe he used this type team bat.

As far as Howard being genuinely concerned for my, definately not the case. When I first joined this forum and showed my two louisville slugger blonde game used Arod bat, many made comments about it's possible, but Arod was know to use black bats in games and blonde bats in PB. Howard did nothing but attack me and my bats. I was new to this website then.

It's not just me. As those who came to my defense, they saw it the same way.

I don't know why some people thrive off being rude to others. There are some pretty knowledgable people in this forum. And then some like me who is learning. There's no reason to be rude or attack anyone, unless attacked first I guess.

Anyway, thanks for you comments. Tony
              Attached Files
              Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to "Show us your ebay bargains"

Nice stuff guys. I once saw a Gary Carter game issued 1988 NLCS Rawlings Adirondack go for about $80 on ebay. Unfortunately I was not me who won it and saw it after it ended.

David
                metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• GoTigers
                  • Aug 2007

Well I guess this one should go under steals/ heartbreaks... I got this 1950 letter from Joe Dimaggio on an original Yankee header for $54 framed, matted, shipped.... Unfortunately that was a few weeks ago.. and now it's "LOST" and I'm in the process of trying to get my money back.. anyways here it is.. the J is faded
                  Attached Files
                  Thanks,
                  Jimmy

Email:
                  jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Comment

• TNTtoys
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by metsbats
                    Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to "Show us your ebay bargains"

Nice stuff guys. I once saw a Gary Carter game issued 1988 NLCS Rawlings Adirondack go for about $80 on ebay. Unfortunately I was not me who won it and saw it after it ended.

David
                    David,

I was offered a 1988 Gary Carter game issued NLCS bat not too long ago -- maybe 6 months to a year back? Anyway, I may have the contact details of the seller... If you want them, email me. I am sure that if he still has the bat (there's always that chance, right?), he wouldn't mind a potential sale.

Nick
                    Looking for ...
                    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• metsbats
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by TNTtoys
                      David,

I was offered a 1988 Gary Carter game issued NLCS bat not too long ago -- maybe 6 months to a year back? Anyway, I may have the contact details of the seller... If you want them, email me. I am sure that if he still has the bat (there's always that chance, right?), he wouldn't mind a potential sale.

Nick
                      I'd be interested. pls send the info to metsbats86@aol.com.

Thanks Nick
                      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by camarokids
                        Tony,

Cheers ....
                        camarokids,

Here's what I have so far on this bat.

* I obtained the bat directly from the person who purchased it in 1996 from a well-known, knoweldgeable, and reputable game used bat dealer in the hobby. The bat was sold then (1996) as a Cooper Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Derek Jeter Game Used Minor League Signed Bat.

* The signature dates around 1994.

With that said, this bat would have been used by Derek Jeter possibily around 1993-1994.

Tony
                        Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• sylbry
                          • Nov 2005

Would someone please tell me how this statement by Howard is rude? Seems direct and to the point. My thoughts exactly.

Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig. How can you possibly claim and also prove he used this in the minor leagues?

Is it rude because he doesn't believe the unsubstantiated info you are posting on the forum?

This particular bat was given to a ball mark manager of the Nashville Sounds. Documentation is forthcoming.

Personally I would wait for the documentation before making the claim that it is a Jeter game used bat.

The bat is a 100% authentic Derek Jeter Cooper Game Used Yankee Team Signed bat. I have documentation forthcoming that will confirm it. Bat was signed in 1994 (see example). 1994 was the only year jeter signed his signature this way. The end of the signature is the way to tell it's from 1994). Also, being a Yankee Team Bat from the early 90's, you're correct, there would be reason to assume/believe he used this type team bat.

To me it seems like a 100% authentic Cooper Yankee team game used bat signed by Derek Jeter in 1994.

Don't you see the road you are going down? Are we now going to assume (yep you said assume) that any Pro Stock bat with a signature is a game used bat by that player? I have a Billings Mustangs pro stock bat next to me that came from the father of a Mustangs' player. Can I have Jay Bruce sign it and then call it a game used Jay Bruce bat? Afterall he probobly didn't have a contract in rookie ball either. Seems to be identical as to what you are saying.

If I remember correctly there is really no way to date a Cooper bat. As far as you know that bat could be from 1987 or so.

Think of it this way. With that bat and your documentation status, what would PSA grade it?

I obtained the bat directly from the person who purchased it in 1996 from a well-known, knoweldgeable, and reputable game used bat dealer in the hobby. The bat was sold then (1996) as a Cooper Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Derek Jeter

Some people see Lou Lampson as reputable. (My apologizes to the dealer who sold the bat. Don't mean to compare you to Lou, just comparing the anonymity behind the sale.)

Arod313 - You have been in this hobby long enough to know someone "always has a story". And I think you can agree that this bat certainly has a story. Sourced from a clubhouse, sold by a well-known, reputable dealer, blah, blah, blah. How many times do we hear that one?

You seem insulted that Howard doesn't believe the story. I too don't believe your story as it is currently being told either. What I do believe is you have stumbled upon a great research project that potentially has a huge upside. But until you turn the "story" into "facts," Howards statement of Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig is absolutely correct.

I hope you figure out this puzzle. Would be a sweat bat to have. But until then don't be surprized at the pushback received from others who are in need of a little more to be sold.
                          Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• sylbry
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by platinum1
                            Wow! Why do you have to put the guy down like that? This is why people dont like posting in this site.
                            How can you make a comment like this when you haven't been a member for even a month?
                            Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                              • Aug 2007

Sylbry i would like to make a generic statement. " whats the point in being a p#$%k" there are a lot of people who watch this sight for a while without putting there two cents on every thread on the forum. also since you have been a member since november of 2005 does that mean you get a blue star from the gameused police? sylbry also who are you two question what someone wants to type in a thread
                              Baseball do what it do
                              -Ron Washington

Comment

• 3arod13
                                • Apr 2006

After having the opportunity to talk to the owner of this bat (Mr. Doug Reed) yesterday, here are the facts: This bat was puchased by Doug Reed of Cookeville, TN, who was an employee at the time of the Nashville Sounds Minor League Team, in 1996 from Zane Burns. Mr. Reed stated that Mr. Burns sold the bat to him as a Cooper Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Derek Jeter Game Used Minor League Signed Bat. (I believe he said it was advertised in the SCD back in 1996, so I am trying to research and see if I can find an old copy with the add). Since then, he stated he and Mr. Burns have made numerous transactions back and forth over the years since that time. Mr. Reed has an extensive Game Used collection. The signature on the bat dates around 1994.

The documentation forthcoming is from Mr. Reed. Mr. Reed sold the bat to Mr. Casey Fox of Cookeville, TN, who is the person I purchased the bat from. Some of the confusion on the details was from Mr. Fox doing his best to remember as much info about the bat as he could. However, I was able to locate Mr. Reed and we talked extensively over the phone about this bat. The above are the facts.

As far as your comment, "You seem insulted that Howard doesn't believe the story." Well, there was no story or explanation added at that point when he made his comment. I simply added as the title of asked, "Show usyour ebay steals!!!", which I was doing: "Derek Jeter Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Signed Game Used Minor League Bat." Just as I bought it and just as I was told.

With that said, I'm not addressing Howard's comments anymore. Personally, I think he could have made his comment in a better way, however, we all interpret things different, so not that big of a deal.

I realize many of you knowledgeable experts out there are just doing your best to ensure the hobby is a safe place. Some come across more accusatory and harsh, but I guess with the many fakes out there, it gets old seeing so many fakes and becomes the norm to question harshly.

Tony
                                I
                                Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

Working...