Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

Not MY steal, but someone out there took a Goose Gossage bat right out from under me!

A few years ago, I was surfing ebay late one night and someone posted a Goose GU bat with a BIN at $100. I thought "Holy Crap!" and clicked over to baseball-almanac.com to check that the number on the knob, and it checked out. By the time I clicked back (what, 30 seconds??), someone snatched it up.

Who got this steal? Are you out there??

Ken

Derek Jeter Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Signed Game Used Minor League Bat - $200
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That's a nice Jeter bat! My best ebay steal was $99 for a baseball signed by Joe DiMaggio (vintage signature) on the sweet spot, Hank Aaron, Roger Maris, Bob Feller, and a couple of other players. I got the ball authenticated by PSA after purchasing it.

Rey Ordonez Game Worn Mets tbc jersey worn July 16th 2002 $50 now if I coan only find pics from the game or a video

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Derek Jeter Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Signed Game Used Minor League Bat - $200
    Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig. How can you possibly claim and also prove he used this in the minor leagues?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig. How can you possibly claim and also prove he used this in the minor leagues?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    3arod13-
    Can you please provide an answer to the question above?

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Bat was given to a ball park manager of the Nasville Sounds by Derek Jeter. The signature on the bat is from around 94-95. Currently working on getting appropriate documentation.

Banned

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Wow! Why do you have to put the guy down like that? This is why people dont like posting in this site. You just couldnt ask why he believes this is a Jeter Minor League bat.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Wow! Why do you have to put the guy down like that? This is why people dont like posting in this site. You just couldnt ask why he believes this is a Jeter Minor League bat.
    Thanks for your comment. It's appreciate by many, although most won't say it because of the backlash they know they will get. There are some who think they have all the answers and feel the need to let it be know.

I never understand why some people have to be rude and think that they have all the answers. Yes, the question definately could have been asked in a better way. I didn't care for it myself, but took the high road and just answered the quetion.

There are many game used items out there that can't be backed up with documenation or proof.

This particular bat was given to a ball mark manager of the Nashville Sounds. Documentation is forthcoming. However, many will still argue the authenticity.

i should arod have to answer such rude questions from hblakewold if he isnt trying to sell him the item regaurdless of the authenticity it would still be cool to have a bat signed by jeter.