Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

I've had tons of steals on eBay but here are my best:

Kurt Abbott 2000 World Series Game 5 Bat---$75---After the purchase, I come to find several photomatched pictures of Derek Jeter holding the bat after Abbott shattered it

Rafael Furcal game worn 2nd homerun 2003 season cleats---$79---After the purchase, I found out that his 2nd homerun of the 2003 season just so happened to be an 11th inning game-winning homerun.

Felipe Lopez game worn 2006 helmet---$100---After the purchase, the seller e-mailed me a photomatched picture, but I ended up finding another photomatched picture from May 10th,2006, when Lopez stole 4 bases in one game, all while wearing this helmet

This is probably in my top 3 favorite game used items that I own, and it was a steal in my book. I saw these Torii Hunter 06 game used cleats going off at 3 am one night and I didnt think I would be able to afford them. I stayed up but the price never did go any higher! I do believe with shipping I ended up getting these for $75. I also photomatched them to the game the guy said he got them from.

I also got these shoes at a steal of a price. I met a guy on Ebay after I bought some shoes from him. He offered me Shaun Livingston game used shoes for 35 and I decided to buy them. I bought a red, white, and blue pair from him.......or so I thought. He ended up sending me the pair below and I was MAD!!!! I didnt like that pair, until I photo matched them as 06 playoff shoes. That was the only time he ever wore this style, and I even matched them down to the marks on the shoes. I bought the photo from Getty, blew it up and had Shaun sign the photo. I plan on getting the photo and shoes framed together.

I have had some pretty good steals,

1988 or 1989 Warren Sapp$212.00 delevered($200 BIN came up about 1:00 am)

2000 Jason Taylor for $250.00 BIN a couple of years ago

and my favorite is this Walter Jones Rookie picked up for $60.00 as the seller thought he was a common player and had "seahawksjersey" as his listing. Comes with a letter signed by Jones himself!

Am I the only one who occasionally emails sellers that their prices are too low?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Am I the only one who occasionally emails sellers that their prices are too low?
    I hope so ! ! !

Banned

Please stop telling sellers their prices are too low, it's their job to do their homework and we love bargain hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Please stop telling sellers their prices are too low, it's their job to do their homework and we love bargain hunting!
    I just like the price to be fair for all. There are some times I am happy to get a great deal. But when the seller is in danger of being ripped off, then something needs to be said. That's especially the case when an item is misrepresented or the seller doesn't know an item's true value. We should really be careful not to take advantage of people.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Thought I would learn to post my first picture today and show something I consider a steal. Picked up a 2004 Sean Casey game used Reds jersey for $107. Pretty good for a fan favorite of many Reds fans.

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Adam%20Albertsen/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/e44f_1.JPG[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

These were listed as Jimmy Jackson shoes....if you are familar with autographs you will quickly tell these are not Jackson's....but Dominique Wilkins...I got them for a very, very good price