Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • godwulf
    • Aug 2007

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

A while back, I happened to be doing a team name search on eBay, and came across a 2001 World Series-marked Danny Bautista LS gamer - only the second WS-marked bat I've ever seen from that Series - listed in the wrong category - I think it was under something like "Fan Souvenirs and Memorabilia". Probably as a result of that, there was very little bidding, and I ended up winning the auction for 46 bucks.

No, I didn't contact the Seller before the auction ended and suggest that they pull it and relist it under "Game Used", in order to increase the bidding. I did come here to gloat, though, as I recall.

Sometimes, it's best not to say anything after the auction, either. I remember a few years ago, winning a couple of signed gamers (they were even in bat tubes) for $12.50 each, from a Seller who lived nearby and had found them at an estate sale, and telling the guy (after I had the bats in hand) that they were selling in the Team Shop at the stadium for just about twenty times that amount. I thought the man was gonna cry.
    Jeff
    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by frikativ54
      I just like the price to be fair for all. There are some times I am happy to get a great deal. But when the seller is in danger of being ripped off, then something needs to be said. That's especially the case when an item is misrepresented or the seller doesn't know an item's true value. We should really be careful not to take advantage of people.
      Dont forget your assuming the seller doesnt know what the bat is worth, maybe the seller does know what it's worth and just wants to get rid of it because they have no interest in it.
      Then you turn around begging them to "please charge me more for your bat" (this was a metaphor - didn't mean actual begging)

Comment

• cohibasmoker
        Banned
        • Aug 2005

Attached is a Duke football that I got from eBay. The ball was offered with a "Buy It Now" price of $150.00 - so I bought it immediately.

The football has been re-sold but I have to make one additional comment, when I saw it, I could not believe my eyes.

Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

• AWA85
          • Jan 2008

Thought I would learn to post my first picture today and show something I consider a steal. Picked up a 2004 Sean Casey game used Reds jersey for $107. Pretty good for a fan favorite of many Reds fans.

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Adam%20Albertsen/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/e44f_1.JPG[/IMG]
          Attached Files
          Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• worldchamps
            • Dec 2005

These were listed as Jimmy Jackson shoes....if you are familar with autographs you will quickly tell these are not Jackson's....but Dominique Wilkins...I got them for a very, very good price
            sigpic

Comment

• lund6771
              • Dec 2006

champpsssss.....cool deal!!!!!

Comment

• beavisrules
                • Sep 2006

Interestingly, my ebay steals have been in varying flavors. Some were for bad titles, some were for wrong category, and some I still to this day have not figured out how I got so cheap (listed correctly in title and category).

Probably one of the most blatant was listed as "Notre Dame Practice Jersy". The winning bid was $25.49 (by me) - it actually had another bidder on the item. It ended up being a signed, game used away jersey from the late 1980s (possibly 1988 - national championship season - but haven't photomatched it yet) with incredible wear. For those of you who know anything about Notre Dame jerseys, any jerseys pre-1991 are rare, especially from the 1988 season.
                -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
                Private messages ARE enabled

Comment

• Dewey2007
                  • Dec 2007

Picked up this Game Used 2006 Dontrelle Willis alternate jersey on eBay for $300 which was a steal for me.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• godwulf
                    • Aug 2007

2005 Royce Clayton Diamondbacks gamer. Winning bid: $16.

Jeff
                    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

Derek Jeter Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Signed Game Used Minor League Bat - $200
                      Attached Files
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• nycsports
                        • Nov 2005

That's a nice Jeter bat! My best ebay steal was $99 for a baseball signed by Joe DiMaggio (vintage signature) on the sweet spot, Hank Aaron, Roger Maris, Bob Feller, and a couple of other players. I got the ball authenticated by PSA after purchasing it.

Comment

• dcrules01
                          • Nov 2005

Rey Ordonez Game Worn Mets tbc jersey worn July 16th 2002 $50 now if I coan only find pics from the game or a video

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• hblakewolf
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
                            Derek Jeter Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Signed Game Used Minor League Bat - $200
                            Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig. How can you possibly claim and also prove he used this in the minor leagues?

Howard Wolf
                            hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• hblakewolf
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by hblakewolf
                              Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig. How can you possibly claim and also prove he used this in the minor leagues?

Howard Wolf
                              hblakewolf@patmedia.net
                              3arod13-
                              Can you please provide an answer to the question above?

Thanks.
                              Howard Wolf
                              hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• 3arod13
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by hblakewolf

Howard Wolf
                                hblakewolf@patmedia.net
                                Bat was given to a ball park manager of the Nasville Sounds by Derek Jeter. The signature on the bat is from around 94-95. Currently working on getting appropriate documentation.
                                Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

Working...