Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

Tony,
    It is plausible that Jeter did use the bat . Unlike today where most of the minor leaguers have their own names engraved on their bats .

Back in Jeter's years in the minors there wasn't a boat load of bat companies trying to sign players like today . There was Louisville , Rawlings , Cooper , and was Worth still making bats ?

In the 1970's Frank Wren used to live a few houses away from me when I was kid and he always gave us bats . They were all PRO STOCK's or team named . The Jamestown Expos he played for , I will have to double check that info. Yes that is correct , also West Palm .

I do agree that Howard should not be concerned with your task of authenticating the bat . Unless he is being sincere and is genuinely concerned for your welfare that you may have been duped in your purchase of the said bat.

Cheers ....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Tony,
    It is plausible that Jeter did use the bat . Unlike today where most of the minor leaguers have their own names engraved on their bats .

Back in Jeter's years in the minors there wasn't a boat load of bat companies trying to sign players like today . There was Louisville , Rawlings , Cooper , and was Worth still making bats ?

In the 1970's Frank Wren used to live a few houses away from me when I was kid and he always gave us bats . They were all PRO STOCK's or team named . The Jamestown Expos he played for , I will have to double check that info. Yes that is correct , also West Palm .

I do agree that Howard should not be concerned with your task of authenticating the bat . Unless he is being sincere and is genuinely concerned for your welfare that you may have been duped in your purchase of the said bat.

Cheers ....
    Thanks! The bat is a 100% authentic Derek Jeter Cooper Game Used Yankee Team Signed bat. I have documentation forthcoming that will confirm it. Bat was signed in 1994 (see example). 1994 was the only year jeter signed his signature this way. The end of the signature is the way to tell it's from 1994). Also, being a Yankee Team Bat from the early 90's, you're correct, there would be reason to assume/believe he used this type team bat.

As far as Howard being genuinely concerned for my, definately not the case. When I first joined this forum and showed my two louisville slugger blonde game used Arod bat, many made comments about it's possible, but Arod was know to use black bats in games and blonde bats in PB. Howard did nothing but attack me and my bats. I was new to this website then.

It's not just me. As those who came to my defense, they saw it the same way.

I don't know why some people thrive off being rude to others. There are some pretty knowledgable people in this forum. And then some like me who is learning. There's no reason to be rude or attack anyone, unless attacked first I guess.

Anyway, thanks for you comments. Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Tony,

Cheers ....
    camarokids,

Here's what I have so far on this bat.

* I obtained the bat directly from the person who purchased it in 1996 from a well-known, knoweldgeable, and reputable game used bat dealer in the hobby. The bat was sold then (1996) as a Cooper Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Derek Jeter Game Used Minor League Signed Bat.

* The signature dates around 1994.

With that said, this bat would have been used by Derek Jeter possibily around 1993-1994.

Tony