After having the opportunity to talk to the owner of this bat (Mr. Doug Reed) yesterday, here are the facts: This bat was puchased by Doug Reed of Cookeville, TN, who was an employee at the time of the Nashville Sounds Minor League Team, in 1996 from Zane Burns. Mr. Reed stated that Mr. Burns sold the bat to him as a Cooper Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Derek Jeter Game Used Minor League Signed Bat. (I believe he said it was advertised in the SCD back in 1996, so I am trying to research and see if I can find an old copy with the add). Since then, he stated he and Mr. Burns have made numerous transactions back and forth over the years since that time. Mr. Reed has an extensive Game Used collection. The signature on the bat dates around 1994.

The documentation forthcoming is from Mr. Reed. Mr. Reed sold the bat to Mr. Casey Fox of Cookeville, TN, who is the person I purchased the bat from. Some of the confusion on the details was from Mr. Fox doing his best to remember as much info about the bat as he could. However, I was able to locate Mr. Reed and we talked extensively over the phone about this bat. The above are the facts.

As far as your comment, "You seem insulted that Howard doesn't believe the story." Well, there was no story or explanation added at that point when he made his comment. I simply added as the title of asked, "Show usyour ebay steals!!!", which I was doing: "Derek Jeter Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Signed Game Used Minor League Bat." Just as I bought it and just as I was told.

With that said, I'm not addressing Howard's comments anymore. Personally, I think he could have made his comment in a better way, however, we all interpret things different, so not that big of a deal.

I realize many of you knowledgeable experts out there are just doing your best to ensure the hobby is a safe place. Some come across more accusatory and harsh, but I guess with the many fakes out there, it gets old seeing so many fakes and becomes the norm to question harshly.

Tony
I