Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Show us your ebay steals!!!

Ok-
    Everyone scours ebay for bargains. Now it's time to gloat. Show us your steals found on ebay. Here's a couple of mine

1995 Leslie O'Neal Pro Bowl jersey for $63

1980s Washington Generals Autographed Red Klotz Jersey for $107.50
    He was a player/coach for the teams that played the Globetrotters!

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

Mark Grace game used bat from his final season, given to former teammate Scott Service as a gift. Service gave the bat to a police officer and I bought it from the police officer for $50 through ebay.

buddy bell 1978 cleveland indians red jersey and 1982 texas rangers jersey purchased from the same seller in two auctions. they were listed as a 'bell' jersey. the red jersey was my holy grail of items wanted,i looked at least 15 years for it. i purchased both of them for under $1000 total. i would have paid a lot more for the red jersey alone. to me it was a steal.

take care
    john
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Not MY steal, but someone out there took a Goose Gossage bat right out from under me!

A few years ago, I was surfing ebay late one night and someone posted a Goose GU bat with a BIN at $100. I thought "Holy Crap!" and clicked over to baseball-almanac.com to check that the number on the knob, and it checked out. By the time I clicked back (what, 30 seconds??), someone snatched it up.

Who got this steal? Are you out there??

Ken

I've had tons of steals on eBay but here are my best:

Kurt Abbott 2000 World Series Game 5 Bat---$75---After the purchase, I come to find several photomatched pictures of Derek Jeter holding the bat after Abbott shattered it

Rafael Furcal game worn 2nd homerun 2003 season cleats---$79---After the purchase, I found out that his 2nd homerun of the 2003 season just so happened to be an 11th inning game-winning homerun.

Felipe Lopez game worn 2006 helmet---$100---After the purchase, the seller e-mailed me a photomatched picture, but I ended up finding another photomatched picture from May 10th,2006, when Lopez stole 4 bases in one game, all while wearing this helmet

This is probably in my top 3 favorite game used items that I own, and it was a steal in my book. I saw these Torii Hunter 06 game used cleats going off at 3 am one night and I didnt think I would be able to afford them. I stayed up but the price never did go any higher! I do believe with shipping I ended up getting these for $75. I also photomatched them to the game the guy said he got them from.

I also got these shoes at a steal of a price. I met a guy on Ebay after I bought some shoes from him. He offered me Shaun Livingston game used shoes for 35 and I decided to buy them. I bought a red, white, and blue pair from him.......or so I thought. He ended up sending me the pair below and I was MAD!!!! I didnt like that pair, until I photo matched them as 06 playoff shoes. That was the only time he ever wore this style, and I even matched them down to the marks on the shoes. I bought the photo from Getty, blew it up and had Shaun sign the photo. I plan on getting the photo and shoes framed together.

I have had some pretty good steals,

1988 or 1989 Warren Sapp$212.00 delevered($200 BIN came up about 1:00 am)

2000 Jason Taylor for $250.00 BIN a couple of years ago

and my favorite is this Walter Jones Rookie picked up for $60.00 as the seller thought he was a common player and had "seahawksjersey" as his listing. Comes with a letter signed by Jones himself!

Am I the only one who occasionally emails sellers that their prices are too low?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Am I the only one who occasionally emails sellers that their prices are too low?
    I hope so ! ! !

Banned

Please stop telling sellers their prices are too low, it's their job to do their homework and we love bargain hunting!