Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GU Glove

GU Glove

Any thoughts on this item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

I tried to look at pictures but could not find anything with the WWJD on it.

Anyone dealt with the seller before?

Thanks for your help.

Re: GU Glove

wwjd = What Would Jesus Do !

The glove looks fine ......

Now that you put it on the forum , I bet the bidding goes up sky high , just kidding....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Thanks for the input. I guess I had phrased it wrong. I knew what WWJD stands for, I just could not find a picture with this on the glove so questioned it. Thanks again.

found it !

Name:  looperglove1.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  34.7 KB
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Pretty nice glove too - It's in my watch list...

But I'm not going after it. Looper is a fine pitcher, but it would end up taking up wall space. I want it but don't need it...man - that was a GREAT thread by the way...

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glove sold for $228.03 , I wonder if a forum member bought it ?

If you did ? You won't have to look for a photo match , pic has been posted on this thread already ......

Nice glove!
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

I am still new to this and am trying to learn, so please forgive this question. Is the photo a photo match or style match. When it was first posted I tried to find the WWJD piece on it (thinking this would make it the photomatch), but could not make it out so I thought I might only be a style match. I am just trying to understand how all this works, and I still have so much to learn!

Thanks for the thoughts.

I am pretty sure its a photomatch. When I look at the picture I see what I think to be the wwjd bracelet. If you looka t the nike logo it can be seen a little bit. I hope it helps. Did you win it? I thought about bidding on it and then I got caught up in other things.

Andrew

It's a style match. There's just not enough detail in the photo to say with certainty that it's the same glove. A style match means the photo shows the player with they same style of jersey, cap, glove, bat, etc. A photo match means there's something specific that can be seen that matches the item to the photo -- a stain on a jersey, ink transfer on a bat, writing on a glove, etc.

I've seen a few photos of Looper and his gloves and the WWJD strap is common. You can see it clearly in the Cardinals 2007 yearbook. However, in the yearbook, the strap runs through a loop; it runs through a smaller clip on the glove in the auction. Definitely different. Can't tell one way or the other on the posted photo, so it would have to be a style match. With a solid black glove that has no distinguishing features (scuffs, writing, etc.), it would be very difficult to find a concrete photo match... though there's no doubt that's the same style of glove Looper is known to wear.

Is this the exact same glove that is up for auction again on EBAY? I didn't really pay close attention to the first one but this one is now up with item number : 110229223401.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.