Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Are you receiving a team letter along with your purchases directly from MLB teams?

The Detroit Tigers do not issue LOA's with their game worn items....they use the MLB hologram only based on my experiences with them the last two seasons.
    "All suspects are guilty until proven innocent in the court of law":D

cjduffield@cablespeed.com

Re: Are you receiving a team letter along with your purchases directly from MLB teams?

Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post
    I think it has to do with the authentication company MLB uses. I bought a Chipper Jones game worn jersey last year that didn't have an LOA, but did have the holgram. The thing is, like your bat, it just said it was a signed jersey. I ended up printing the auction page, which had my bidding handle and that served as the LOA, until I sold it.

I was also upset about the lack of a letter and I probably won't buy from mlb.com again until they include one. I know people say you're buying a jersey, not the letter. However, it's a whole lot easier to resell something you've purchased if there is a thorough LOA along with it.
    Exactly , I would be happy if the mlb.com hologram was correct ! But once again , it is incorrect ! I bought the bat at the Stadium in a silent auction . So I cannot print anything off my pc.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

I bought a Brian Schneider bat from the Nationals team store at the stadium and got no letter. The MLB hologram was also smeared.

I bought a game used facemask from the NY Giants and it came with a team letter (card).

Go figure!

There's no question that the MLB hologram listing should match what the item is and was sold as. Not listing it as 'game used' is no minor omission.

I received no letter, just a jersey in a box. The Hologram number is also not in the database which upsets me but since this shirt will never leave my collection, I'm only slightly perturbed. Has anyone else received a 2007 item and have it not in the database? Mine is a Red Alternate Atlanta Braves Jeff Francoeur.