Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brett Favre 2002 Game used jersey on Ebay

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this jersey?
    I emailed the seller a few questions about the Reebok Embelm position, if there was COA from Favre and if there was any snap alterations. They emailed back that there are no snaps, the embelm positions are fine and they got it from Favre's people. Who are Favre's people and what did he get; a letter attesting to the autograph or that it was game used. I asked them to send additional pictures of the embelm position and the COA/LOA. The picture of Favre holding the jersey is hard to make out regarding the length, autograph, and inscription, but the picture of the jersey appears shorter. Mears authenticated the jersey with a A10. I am not familiar with their grading system, but I am assuming that is excellent.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brett-Favre-2002...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Brett Favre 2002 Game used jersey on Ebay

I had a significant amount of email traffic with the seller on this piece the last two days and asked some the same questions. With respect to additional pictures of custom hem on sleeves and tails and logos on sleeves, I was told jersey was still at MEARS and selller was away until Wednesday of next week, so no pictures or access to jersey. I backed off a bit on the questions once he indicated he was not willing to go very far beneath his buy it now price. However, I did send him another email this morning asking him to clarify the Favre LOA and again asked for pics of logo placement and tail hemming.

Matt

It's somewhat difficult to tell from the small photos, but it appears to me that the Reebok sleeve logos are too high. See this previous thread:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=13301

I posted photos of Favre from all the 2002 games that show the sleeve logos in the proper position. Put the fact that it comes with Favre's "game worn" inscription out of your mind when determining the authenticity of this piece. Unfortunately, there are a few Favre shirts that come with his COA that aren't game worn, despite the inscription, etc.

It would would be acceptible to have a Favre jersey from 2002 that didn't have snaps; those weren't typically installed until later in that season. However, if the sleeve logos are indeed high, as they appear (better photos will confirm this), I would maintain that this is not game worn.

Guy

Banned

52 seems large for Favre to me...

Would never buy a piece at a critical juncture in a player's career, like retirement, runs price up temporarily typically.

Actually, 52 is the correct size. I would agree with you that for a real Favre gamer, you will now have to pay more.

Guy

GWH11: See I learned from the last time your advice was provided (thanks again) and questioned the seller on the logo placement already.

FYI - Seller has agreed to provide additional photos when the jersey comes back from MEARS. Stay tuned.

I agree with mvandor. Emotions are high and people are willing to pay a premium. I just have to ask my wife, who is from Wisconsin. She has been in mourning ever since Favre had annouced his retirement.

Question: Does Mears usually provide the grading score before they ship the jersey back?

My take was that MEARS finished their work, but seller is out of town until Wednesday. So it did not appear to me to be abnormal for seller to get the grade and have it listed as A10 before he picks it up from MEARS.

It is possible to know the grade on an item from Mears before it is received back as I have done it with my items.

Seller finally responded to my questions about seeing what the Favre letter authenticated (signature or game use) and requests to have better pictures of the sleeves with "the jersey has been sold". Anybody else get more information from seller?