Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

John Franco 1999 Gu Jersey

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...rby=&tfm_order=

I believe size 52 is incorrect. I've had a Franco jersey from 2003 and it was sized 46 I believe.

David

Re: John Franco 1999 Gu Jersey

Franco wore size 46 for most of his career. Could be some variations at the end (48) but size 52 is not even close.

We will follow up......thanks.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 5:20 AM
    To: Auctions@AmericanMemorabilia.com
    Subject: John Franco Size 52 1999 Jersey

I believe this size to be incorrect. Franco never wore more than a size 46
    in his career.
    David Louie

I contacted AmericanMemorabilia regarding this Franco jersey. They said they will follow up.

-David

That's not all that is wrong with this jersey! The Mets did indeed wear AIS jerseys for the home pinstripe set in 1999, however, they NEVER wore any logo on the sleeve (like this jersey has). The AIS tag was also on the inside rear tail of the jersey. The Mets had black drop shadow on the 1999 jerseys as well. Here are some pics of Orel Hershiser and Jay Payton home pinstripe jerseys for comparison. PLUS the size is way off!!
    Hope this helps,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

I would just like to say someone mentioned Jay Payton. I am not a big fan of his. I met him and hung out with him and I have his personal number. Not exactly the nicest of guys.

Banned

Forum Readers-
    The jersey in question is not a Major League jersey. As another Forum Reader noted, the AIS logo on the sleeve is a dead giveaway.

Hartel Sports made a HUGE purchase of jerseys from the Mets. They have these EXACT same home jerseys for sale. The problem is, however, Hartel's inventory includes minor league Mets jerseys that look very similar or exactly the same as the parent team Mets. The difference, as seen on this jersey in question, is the manufacturer, sleeve logos and sizing (as seen on this incorrectly sized Franco).

It should also be noted that the majority of the Major League New York Mets jerseys Hartel purchased have the Rawlings/Russell tags removed.

It should also be noted that Bruce Hartel is one of the most honest individuals in the hobby. He is in no way trying to sell minor league jerseys as MLB, he simply may not know what he has or spent the time needed to identify his jerseys.

On a related note, this "Franco" jersey does include an all-important LOA from Lampson. The American Memorabila site mentions that "Lampson is considered by collectors as a foremost authority in the field". This said, why is anyone questioning this item?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Response from AMI. Looks like another mis-authenticated jersey...

************************************************** **************************************************

Hey David,
    Thanks for the input.
    According to Lou Lampson, he liked the jersey. I did have a conversation with one of our New York guys and he mentioned that with the AIS jerseys that Franco wore a 48-52 and their sizes are a little different.

Let me know if this helps.
    Thanks
    Tony
    AMI

I've emailed Tony at AMI with all the great information that has proven that this 1999 Franco jersey is not real. Perhaps he'd like to address this directly in this forum too.

-David

Banned

Good luck with that dream.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats
    I've emailed Tony at AMI with all the great information that has proven that this 1999 Franco jersey is not real. Perhaps he'd like to address this directly in this forum too.

-David
    David-
    American Memorabilia has a poor reputation and past on this forum. Many months ago, they used an alias and tried to defame Reid Fontaine and me, while hiding behind a bogus user name, Col. Rask. Eric discovered that there was no Col. Rask, and rather, it was a bogus user name coming from the computers inside of AMI. Eric asked for a response, and never received one.

The response that “Lou liked it”, and Tony has contacted the Shea Stadium hot dog vendor who endorses it are pathetic at best. What more has to be done on this post to clearly show the shirt is garbage? The Forum readers always provide great FACTUAL information to prove or discredit an item, and in this case, Tony and the crew at AMI once again show why so much crap continues to enter the hobby with these types of emotional, non-factual based remarks and shirts that are less than stated.

There have been many posts about the lack of ethics shown by AMI, and based on their past unprofessional behavior, I doubt we will get a response and the item will remain open for bidding.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net