Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: John Franco 1999 Gu Jersey

I totally agree Howard that they will not respond. Perhaps I should not have even questioned them at all given their past history and the experience we've had with them in the forum. The best thing is to keep letting them know we know what they are up to and boycott the auctions.

David

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats
    Response from AMI. Looks like another mis-authenticated jersey...

************************************************** **************************************************

Hey David,
    Thanks for the input.
    According to Lou Lampson, he liked the jersey. I did have a conversation with one of our New York guys and he mentioned that with the AIS jerseys that Franco wore a 48-52 and their sizes are a little different.

Let me know if this helps.
    Thanks
    Tony
    AMI
    I would be amazed, if it weren't for all the Orioles minor league stuff on Bricols auctions that Lou! has! liked! and certified as Major League game used. His reputation is currently boring through the molten core of the earth, and is gonna pop out through a back alley in Beijing any! day! now!
    In the end, does he know anything about anything? What we're seeing here wouldn't suggest that he does...

www.jerseydave.com

I have a REAL game used John Franco Reds jersey for sale on my web site... www.jerseydave.com This jersey is a size 42... but of course my jersey is from 1988 and this jersey is from 1999. Guys can gain alot of weight in 11 years.

Now, I do own a ROOKIE Melvin Mora game used Alt. Pinstripe and my jersey has the tagging on the inside back of the jersey and no sleeve logo as well. I also still have Hartel's catalog that shows when he was selling the John Franco Alt jerseys and everyone that he has in his catalog are a size 46 as well.

Take this info fo what it is worth to you... the Mora jersey is pictured on my web site as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats
    We will follow up......thanks.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 5:20 AM
    To: Auctions@AmericanMemorabilia.com
    Subject: John Franco Size 52 1999 Jersey

I believe this size to be incorrect. Franco never wore more than a size 46
    in his career.
    David Louie

I contacted AmericanMemorabilia regarding this Franco jersey. They said they will follow up.

-David
    David-
    2 weeks have passed, and the bogus Franco jersey is still listed live on the American Memorabila site. When this type of rock solid proof has been shown to other auction houses (Mastro, Carew Glove in vintage, etc.), the item is usally withdrawn, as would be expected from any business with integrity and ethics.

The proof that this jersey is not legit could not be any greater.

What type of "follow-up" has been done?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net