Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bo Jackson Jerseys?????

I'm still a buyer for this Bo material, and I'm glad others are not (keeping my price down). But I can understand others well reasoned opinions on the matter who may feel differently, and I respect their opinion.

Banned

So, you are stating you feel these jerseys are all game used and game issued as advertised by the various sellers?

Please elaborate, The Scoreboard, Inc. released these jerseys back in 1990. Rudy has proven the tagging to be 1990 style, and not 1989, I am backing him up by stating from the start that The Scoreboard released identical jerseys back around 1990.

So, you are telling us that even with photo evidence from Rudy about the tagging from 1989 - 1990, that you would still buy one of these jerseys as game used and re-sell it to a customer as game used even though it is known that The Scoreboard, Inc. sold these jerseys as authentic, autographed jerseys?

Remember, Rudy has showed that the tagging does not match 1989 Royal jerseys. He claims it matches 1990 style of tagging.

Once again, please tell me point blank - You would buy one of these with confidence that they are game used or game issued (whatever the seller states) and have no problem re-selling them with those terms even though the tagging is impossible to have been from a game used or issued item?

Quote Originally Posted by byergo
    I'm still a buyer for this Bo material, and I'm glad others are not (keeping my price down). But I can understand others well reasoned opinions on the matter who may feel differently, and I respect their opinion.

This really boggles my mind, are you by chance the seller of these Jackson jerseys on eBay? if not I would also like to know why you feel these are all legit gamers, given the facts that have been provided thus far.

-Jeremy

jeremy, that was my guess, he is the seller. there is no way, after the evidence presented, that anyone can think that is an authentic gamer.

Banned

Well, he has been logged on to GUF a few times now since my post above and has not replied to my question, so I guess they don't wish to continue this conversation.

I'm NOT the seller. I really have nothing else to add to this conversation, and won't be checking back on the thread. Thanks.

Banned

I'm NOT the seller. I really have nothing else to add to this conversation, and won't be checking back on the thread. Thanks.
    I understand, you won't admit that your comments were insane based on the evidence offered. I never accused you of being the seller, but you ignored my request to let us know that you would have no problem buying or selling any of these jerseys that are legitimate jerseys, but were more likely not game issued or game used. Since The Scoreboard sold these jerseys in 1990 with 1990 style tagging dated 1989, I would assume it would be a dead give-a-way.

Instead, run away from the thread without commenting on your comments that you have no problem with these jerseys as being genuine.

I like your stance, you are wrong and you have mislead others in this discussion without backing up your stance, so you should not check back on this discussion because that is an easy way out.

Banned

byergo
    Last Activity: Today 03:13 PM
    Viewing Thread Bo Jackson Jerseys????? @ 03:13 PM

Oh good, at least you checked back in on this thread after I made my last post...

I'd like to wrap this thread up with 2 final thoughts. Personally, I think that what Byergo decides to spend his money on is his business.

In case some were wondering what I was referring to regarding the whole 1989 vs 1990 Rawlings tag, here is an image of a 1989-style Rawlings tag next to a 1990-style Rawlings tag. Note the differences. I believe 1990 was a revision year for Rawlings manufacturer tags.

Lastly, before I go into my final thought, I'd like to preface it by saying that in no way, shape, or form am I implying that these are possibly Byergo's motives or intentions. I'm simply saying this as a general thought without referring to anyone specifically.

A few have asked why would anyone purchase these Scoreboard jerseys.
    I'd like to offer one possibility:

Scoreboard 1989, Set 2, autographed, home Bo Jackson purchased on Ebay as "game-issued": $700

1989, Set 2, autographed, home Bo Jackson jersey with the same odd 1990 tag, sold as "game worn", auctioned off by AMI: price realized - over $1800

Same deal with the Scoreboard 1990 Canseco's. You can pick one up on Ebay for about $200. They'll typically be auctioned off for at least $600. In 2002, Lelands auctioned off a 1990, set 2, home, autographed, "game worn", Canseco for $1098.

Not a bad day's work for some.

Rudy.

Banned

Rudy, are you sure you don't want to start a photo-matching authenticity service with me?

You could be paid for all the time you spend photo-matching jerseys all day.