Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byergo
    • Feb 2006

Re: Bo Jackson Jerseys?????

I'm NOT the seller. I really have nothing else to add to this conversation, and won't be checking back on the thread. Thanks.

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by byergo
      I'm NOT the seller. I really have nothing else to add to this conversation, and won't be checking back on the thread. Thanks.
      I understand, you won't admit that your comments were insane based on the evidence offered. I never accused you of being the seller, but you ignored my request to let us know that you would have no problem buying or selling any of these jerseys that are legitimate jerseys, but were more likely not game issued or game used. Since The Scoreboard sold these jerseys in 1990 with 1990 style tagging dated 1989, I would assume it would be a dead give-a-way.

Instead, run away from the thread without commenting on your comments that you have no problem with these jerseys as being genuine.

I like your stance, you are wrong and you have mislead others in this discussion without backing up your stance, so you should not check back on this discussion because that is an easy way out.

Comment

• trsent
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by byergo
        byergo
        Last Activity: Today 03:13 PM
        Viewing Thread Bo Jackson Jerseys????? @ 03:13 PM

Oh good, at least you checked back in on this thread after I made my last post...

Comment

• kingjammy24
          • Nov 2005

I'd like to wrap this thread up with 2 final thoughts. Personally, I think that what Byergo decides to spend his money on is his business.

In case some were wondering what I was referring to regarding the whole 1989 vs 1990 Rawlings tag, here is an image of a 1989-style Rawlings tag next to a 1990-style Rawlings tag. Note the differences. I believe 1990 was a revision year for Rawlings manufacturer tags.

Lastly, before I go into my final thought, I'd like to preface it by saying that in no way, shape, or form am I implying that these are possibly Byergo's motives or intentions. I'm simply saying this as a general thought without referring to anyone specifically.

A few have asked why would anyone purchase these Scoreboard jerseys.
          I'd like to offer one possibility:

Scoreboard 1989, Set 2, autographed, home Bo Jackson purchased on Ebay as "game-issued": $700

1989, Set 2, autographed, home Bo Jackson jersey with the same odd 1990 tag, sold as "game worn", auctioned off by AMI: price realized - over $1800

Same deal with the Scoreboard 1990 Canseco's. You can pick one up on Ebay for about $200. They'll typically be auctioned off for at least $600. In 2002, Lelands auctioned off a 1990, set 2, home, autographed, "game worn", Canseco for $1098.

Not a bad day's work for some.

Rudy.

Comment

• trsent
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Rudy, are you sure you don't want to start a photo-matching authenticity service with me?

You could be paid for all the time you spend photo-matching jerseys all day.

Comment

• sylbry
              • Nov 2005

It seems as if it is a safe bet to say this jersey will resurface as a game worn jersey. Afterall, it is the only way to justify someone paying $1,125 on a game issued jersey.

Also, the seller claims it is "guaranteed to pass Grey Flannel or Global Authentication." That seems highly unlikely being that there is a problem with the tagging.
              Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• hblakewolf
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by sylbry
                It seems as if it is a safe bet to say this jersey will resurface as a game worn jersey. Afterall, it is the only way to justify someone paying $1,125 on a game issued jersey.

Also, the seller claims it is "guaranteed to pass Grey Flannel or Global Authentication." That seems highly unlikely being that there is a problem with the tagging.
                Based on previous LOA's issued by Grey Flannel and Global, you may want to rethink your statement, "That seems highly unlikely being that there is a problem with the tagging". Where do I place my bet on this one? I would put my money on the sellers guarantee.

Howard Wolf
                hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

Working...