X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ripkengamers
    • Nov 2005

Re: Actual Q&A with Lou Lampson

Originally posted by ripkengamers
    If anyone wishes to pool together enough money to cover my airfare, I'll gladly pack up my Green Ripken jersey with Lou's LOA and ask him in person..........anyone is free to bring video camera's and post it on Youtube for all to see!

WHAT..............NO TAKERS?????????
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

Comment

• ironmanfan
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ripkengamers
      WHAT..............NO TAKERS?????????
      On St. Patrick's Day itself no less!

Comment

• hblakewolf
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ironmanfan
        On St. Patrick's Day itself no less!
        Dan-
        Count me in for $50. If, however, the jersey and/or questions about it are not presented to Lampson, you can't expect me to pay.

Howard Wolf
        hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• momen55
          • Aug 2006

i will be off from school and was planning a trip to visit my family and being that this event is going on, and there aren't any in florida, i may go to it.
          i would be nice to see what is there and possibly buy something.

these guys don't want to hear about truths. one day at a show, i met dan knoll and asked him a question regarding an item, and he looked at me like i was stupid! i questioned his knowledge and he got all bent out of shape and didn't help. some expert!

Comment

• gameusedhoop
            • Jan 2008

Just read that letter on the Erving and found it interesting that there was no mention about the size of the NBA logo. In 86-87 it was slightly larger than following years, and should be noted. Of course if the jersey is not "good" the absence of a notation isn't a surprise. The logo would be the smaller size.

Comment

• otismalibu
              • Nov 2005

In 86-87 it was slightly larger than following years, and should be noted.
              Interesting. How much larger? Do you happen to have any comparison pics.

Thanks.
              Greg
              DrJStuff.com

Comment

• gameusedhoop
                • Jan 2008

Unfortunately I don't have any detailed pictures or the jerseys themselves left, but during the 90's I have about 50-100 jerseys and jackets at a time and noticed it with every 86-87 jersey. I would say that they are 10-15% larger than the following 3-4 Sand-Knit years. I was never a Lampson type guy, listing the color of thread, detailed measurements, taking hundreds of pics etc.

Maybe someone who has an 86-87 Celtics jersey along with another year's Sand-Knit can put them up with a side by side scan?

In the meantime I will look through the few pics that I do have, but I think that they will be inconclusive as they were taken back in the days with a 35 mm camera, never focusing on the logo, just front, back, and tags.

Comment

• 33bird
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

I have pictures of a couple of 86-87 celtic jerseys. LMK if you need them posted on here.
                  Greg
                  biggamebird@yahoo.com

Comment

• gameusedhoop
                    • Jan 2008

Found two pics, scanned them, did the photobucket thing, and now I'll try to get them on here. Let's see how this works out. I have an 86 Sichting and an 87 Paxson. The pics are great, but they do show the obvious size difference. If someone who has the jerseys in hand can do the measuring we'll be all set. BTW, I recognize some of the names here and I know that you guys know me, you just might not know it, Steve Leszczynski.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• sylbry
                      • Nov 2005

Somebody ask him about this jersey.

Not sure how anyone can authenticate a style that was NEVER worn in throughout the team's history.
                      Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• otismalibu
                        • Nov 2005

gameusedhoop,

Thanks for posting those. I only really focus on Erving gear, and seeing his last year was 86-87, I've never compared Sand-Knit 76ers jersey from subsequent years, to closely.

I have a couple retail Sand-Knit jerseys and noticed that the NBA logo on one of them was substantially larger than the other. The larger one is 2" x 3/4" while the smaller one is 1.5" x 5/8". I always just assumed it was a goof, but maybe these are the two sizes shown above.
                        Greg
                        DrJStuff.com

Comment

• 33bird
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

Here's two more 86-87 Celtic gamers-the bird is mine. Steve-I want the Schiting. Want to sell it?
                          Greg
                          biggamebird@yahoo.com
                          Attached Files

Comment

• gameusedhoop
                            • Jan 2008

Greg, sorry, but I haven't had the Sichting for at least 15 years. My Celtics sources have dried up over the years, I used to be able to get them pretty easily, but since the late 90's my sources are gone. I would guess that the Sichting is in one of 3 collections, either in Alaska, Indiana, or Utah. I sold multiple Celtic knits to certain collectors in those 3 states. As far as I know, many have never left their "new" homes.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gameusedhoop
                              I would guess that the Sichting is in one of 3 collections, either in Alaska, Indiana, or Utah.
                              Many basketball jerseys, once in my collection, live in Alaska with the same collector you mention. Unless there are two collectors from Alaska with incredible hoop collections!

Comment

• gameusedhoop
                                • Jan 2008

Let me guess, just inside the Arctic Circle, on the coast, population of about 3500 people.
                                Just a note on how small this world is, I am good friends with and work with a girl who has a sister who lives in the same Alaska town. BTW, we are in Massachusetts right on the ocean, we couldn't be any further away. Now if we could work Kevin Bacon into this somehow we will really have a story.

Comment

Working...