Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

champpsssss.....cool deal!!!!!

Interestingly, my ebay steals have been in varying flavors. Some were for bad titles, some were for wrong category, and some I still to this day have not figured out how I got so cheap (listed correctly in title and category).

Probably one of the most blatant was listed as "Notre Dame Practice Jersy". The winning bid was $25.49 (by me) - it actually had another bidder on the item. It ended up being a signed, game used away jersey from the late 1980s (possibly 1988 - national championship season - but haven't photomatched it yet) with incredible wear. For those of you who know anything about Notre Dame jerseys, any jerseys pre-1991 are rare, especially from the 1988 season.
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

Picked up this Game Used 2006 Dontrelle Willis alternate jersey on eBay for $300 which was a steal for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2005 Royce Clayton Diamondbacks gamer. Winning bid: $16.

Would someone please tell me how this statement by Howard is rude? Seems direct and to the point. My thoughts exactly.

Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig. How can you possibly claim and also prove he used this in the minor leagues?

Is it rude because he doesn't believe the unsubstantiated info you are posting on the forum?

This particular bat was given to a ball mark manager of the Nashville Sounds. Documentation is forthcoming.

Personally I would wait for the documentation before making the claim that it is a Jeter game used bat.

The bat is a 100% authentic Derek Jeter Cooper Game Used Yankee Team Signed bat. I have documentation forthcoming that will confirm it. Bat was signed in 1994 (see example). 1994 was the only year jeter signed his signature this way. The end of the signature is the way to tell it's from 1994). Also, being a Yankee Team Bat from the early 90's, you're correct, there would be reason to assume/believe he used this type team bat.

To me it seems like a 100% authentic Cooper Yankee team game used bat signed by Derek Jeter in 1994.

Don't you see the road you are going down? Are we now going to assume (yep you said assume) that any Pro Stock bat with a signature is a game used bat by that player? I have a Billings Mustangs pro stock bat next to me that came from the father of a Mustangs' player. Can I have Jay Bruce sign it and then call it a game used Jay Bruce bat? Afterall he probobly didn't have a contract in rookie ball either. Seems to be identical as to what you are saying.

If I remember correctly there is really no way to date a Cooper bat. As far as you know that bat could be from 1987 or so.

Think of it this way. With that bat and your documentation status, what would PSA grade it?

I obtained the bat directly from the person who purchased it in 1996 from a well-known, knoweldgeable, and reputable game used bat dealer in the hobby. The bat was sold then (1996) as a Cooper Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Derek Jeter

Some people see Lou Lampson as reputable. (My apologizes to the dealer who sold the bat. Don't mean to compare you to Lou, just comparing the anonymity behind the sale.)

Arod313 - You have been in this hobby long enough to know someone "always has a story". And I think you can agree that this bat certainly has a story. Sourced from a clubhouse, sold by a well-known, reputable dealer, blah, blah, blah. How many times do we hear that one?

You seem insulted that Howard doesn't believe the story. I too don't believe your story as it is currently being told either. What I do believe is you have stumbled upon a great research project that potentially has a huge upside. But until you turn the "story" into "facts," Howards statement of Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig is absolutely correct.

I hope you figure out this puzzle. Would be a sweat bat to have. But until then don't be surprized at the pushback received from others who are in need of a little more to be sold.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.