Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Shane Victorino game used?

Here is a photo of three bats that Victorino signed for me earlier this year when he was on Oahu. The other bats are stored at a different location.

Also, a correction to my previous post. He refused to sign the Dodgers pants.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by island_style View Post
    Also, a correction to my previous post. He refused to sign the Dodgers pants.
    Did he give a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    Did he give a reason?
    No, he didn't give a reason. Maybe it was because the Dodgers had him twice and let him go?

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

This isn't a GU related post but I wanted to mention that I had a chance to meet Shane Victorino's dad earlier today. I was on my way to the island of Lanai for a short vacation and Shane's dad was on the same flight.

Lanai is one of the least populated islands in the State of Hawaii (total island pop = 3000) and Shane's dad was travelling here as part of his work for the City & County of Maui, Molokai and Lanai (each island is so small in population that the 3 islands form a single county within the State).

His father was a very personable, humble, and down-to-earth man who was obviously a tremendous positive influence on his son. He talked about how Shane had to be patient and pay his dues in the minors for 7 years before things finally fell into place with the Phillies.

Apparently, Shane attended a high school on Maui with a total enrollment of 300 students which didn't field a very competitive HS baseball team. (After all, how good could it be when the total enrollment of 300 students?)

Despite Shane being a MLB prospect in HS, he had to endure playing on a mediocre HS team that lost much more often than it won. As a result, Shane's dad mentioned how his son learned the importance of having to persevere which helped him stay focused during his 7 year stint in the minors. Eventually, Shane's persistence paid off and, combined with his god given talents, helped him earn his current spot as a starting outfielder for the Phillies.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    Anyone have any Shane Victorino game used? Hes one of my favorite players and would love you see what you have please post pictures if possible,

Thanks

there a bat which says pittsburgh pirates on it

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shane-Victorino-...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

bubbrubb25, can you please email me.
    Thanks Scott