Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Photo match help

I know there are a lot of photo match wizards out there. I believe this glove and this picture are a match. Can somebody help me blow uo the picture and clean it up a bit so I can tell???
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: Photo match help... frustration w/ forum

Why is it when it comes to something like this, very few people are willing to help yet when it comes to beating up on a fellow forum member so many people want to jump on the band wagon? I can think of several instances where forum memebers will take the time to "tell people how to conduct themselves or their business but when it comes to actually helping a forum member, it's view and move on?? Is it because there are very few people that know how to enlarge a picture or because it is more enjoyable to join in on a beat down?

Re: Photo match help

FWIW, I started working on this yesterday since I enjoy finding a good photomatch. Sadly, the computer that I was on had limited abilities and I had to stop.

I really dont think its got anything to do with members finding more joy in a beat down. I think a comment like that is really not needed.

Jim

Jim, I appreciate the feedback. Is it necessary, no, is it accurate, we could go round and round on that one. Off line I would share several examples where forum members take the liberty of jumping in to pass judgement on one anothers credibility, intergrity etc.. My point is it always seems like there is a finger on thr trigger when it comes to one of those situations yet other calls for help go unanswered. Just my opinion.. I appreciate your help with the picture.

I started playing with the photos the day you initially posted using photoshop but didn't come up with any results worth posting. The quality of the photo from Getty isn't sharp enough. This is what I got. Sorry they aren't any better.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

How long ago did you post this?

Anyway, I sadly had the same result as Rob L. The original photos have already been compressed by Getty and are also a bit dark. Enlarging both of those photos as pictured cannot give the detail needed to photo match anything shown (except Griffey's face, perhaps)...

Getting the full-sized photos from Getty would be a huge help if possible. As far as forum members go, my guess is that the ones with the "know-how" took one look at the photos and knew they couldn't be enlarged and lightened nicely enough for a detailed photo match.

Anthony

Banned

I finally got it

griffey has been using the same TB-24 model since the dawn of time. it's long been available as a "pro" retail version from rawlings. i'm unsure if any retailer/upper deck ever offered a "collectable" version with griffey's name stitched in. here's an upperdeck retail version of gwynn's glove:

http://www.fansedge.com/Tony-Gwynn-A...S_010=33-35537

denny eskin authenticated this one and it seems the use was contrived:
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=18612

rudy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    griffey has been using the same TB-24 model since the dawn of time. it's long been available as a "pro" retail version from rawlings. i'm unsure if any retailer/upper deck ever offered a "collectable" version with griffey's name stitched in. here's an upperdeck retail version of gwynn's glove:

http://www.fansedge.com/Tony-Gwynn-A...S_010=33-35537

denny eskin authenticated this one and it seems the use was contrived:
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=18612

rudy.
    I think it was because the glove i saw today had tags. You can see them in the picture

A few differences between this glove and my glove. First you can see the difference in the script "Griffey". My glove has the older style script. Next and most importantly the glove in the display case is most likely an UDA store version. I say this because if you notice, the "trap-eeze logo is upside down on the web of the glove. This is one of the most common signs of a UDA glove. Another forum member, Steve B. sent me a great article on Griffey gloves including the version that was distributed by UDA as a game model.. Thanks for the input, and follow up.