Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can anyone tell me about this Cooper Bat?

Can anyone tell me about this Cooper Bat? I was told these are Yankee Team Issued Bats that Yankee players can use.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Can anyone tell me about this Cooper Bat?

i believe this team issued bat used primarily by players who do not have individual stamped bats at their disposal.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

With all the bat experts and yankee bat experts in this forum, this is it?

Banned

It's a team issued bat for minor leaguers/pitchers just like the louisville team bats.

nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    It's a team issued bat for minor leaguers/pitchers just like the louisville team bats.

nick
    Nick,

1. Are these team issued bats for the minor leagues only?

2. Are they also team issued bats for the major leagues and used by major league players?

3. If only team issued bats for the minor leagues, would a major league player who goes down to the minor for rehab use these bats, or would they bring their own major league bats with them.

Tony

Hi Tony,

1) Not all minor league teams have the same name and their parent MLB club. Though the Yankees do have the same name in at least one of their teams (ie Staten Island Yankees). In my opinion team bats are not used in the minors. I'd be surprised if bat makers did make them specifically for minor league teams.

2) There used to be many more team bats issued back in the 80s but not as much nowadays as many pitchers have their own bats with their names on them more.

3) I think a MLB player going down to rehab in the minors would definitely bring their own wood. They want to use their own bats regardless of where they play especially if they are trying to get back into shape to return to the Show. Also remember the good wood goes to make the MLB player bats and I would think the inferior stuff would be used to make minor league pro-stock bats and store models for sporting goods stores.

Hope my opinions help.

David

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Hi Tony,

1) Not all minor league teams have the same name and their parent MLB club. Though the Yankees do have the same name in at least one of their teams (ie Staten Island Yankees). In my opinion team bats are not used in the minors. I'd be surprised if bat makers did make them specifically for minor league teams.

2) There used to be many more team bats issued back in the 80s but not as much nowadays as many pitchers have their own bats with their names on them more.

3) I think a MLB player going down to rehab in the minors would definitely bring their own wood. They want to use their own bats regardless of where they play especially if they are trying to get back into shape to return to the Show. Also remember the good wood goes to make the MLB player bats and I would think the inferior stuff would be used to make minor league pro-stock bats and store models for sporting goods stores.

Hope my opinions help.

David
    David, thanks for the info. Do you know how I can contact the Cooper Bat Company? Need to conduct more research.

Thanks, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    David, thanks for the info. Do you know how I can contact the Cooper Bat Company? Need to conduct more research.

Thanks, Tony
    Duh, shows how much I know about bats. Read Mikes expert page and got my answer:

1996 the Cooper line was discontinued at this plant. The corporate decision to transfer production to another location led to a decline from 130 to less than 5 Pro players in just one year.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Duh, shows how much I know about bats. Read Mikes expert page and got my answer:

1996 the Cooper line was discontinued at this plant. The corporate decision to transfer production to another location led to a decline from 130 to less than 5 Pro players in just one year.
    Contact Doug Hamel at KR3 bats, they were Cooper, he will have the answer.
    doughamel@kr3bats.com

George

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    Contact Doug Hamel at KR3 bats, they were Cooper, he will have the answer.
    doughamel@kr3bats.com

George
    George, thanks!

Tony