Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bonds Last HR Ball?????

Quote Originally Posted by 4cuda9er View Post
    I would like to share this with you guys...I have a good friend that I believe has one of the most valuable Bonds HR balls to date..It probably wouldn't have been until the 756 HR ball was destroyed when they decided to put an asterisk on it. Here are the details of my friends ball...It is Bonds' HR #757, which broke the 756 record. It was a splash hit into McCovey Cove. It was marked, and authenticated by MLB. Then to top it off, I was present when Bonds signed it before a game in Sept., with the inscription, "God Bless" Now if I had the money, this would be the ball to have, if it was every put up for sale....

Gary

very interesting. i think most people would rather have the ball that set the new record than the ball that sets the new ceiling. is it the anticipation and the historical significance that make its more valuable. people remember the first and last of things too. anyone have a reason to support my theory.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

I was at the 757 game and I am 99% sure it wasn't a splash hit. i know this because 757 landed where i was standing for 756

regardless, it's a nice ball. i am just saying i don't think it was a splash hit

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Good Article about Barry Bonds giving back. Doesn't sound like he wants to return to baseball.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by bondsfan View Post
    I was at the 757 game and I am 99% sure it wasn't a splash hit. i know this because 757 landed where i was standing for 756

regardless, it's a nice ball. i am just saying i don't think it was a splash hit
    Hi bondsfan

Just for your information, go to the below listed link..I think this will clear up where 757 landed.. I was one of the kayakers who had a chance at it...

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/m...&v=2&id=590950

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Doesn't sound like he wants to return to baseball.
    kind of like saying "i quit!" after the boss fires you.

good to see that after spending the year trying in vain to get signed, barry chose to go out on his own terms.

rudy.