Anyone know how to remove tape marks from a game used bat?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Re: Anyone know how to remove tape marks from a game used bat?

As long as the finish on the bat is ok right now, I don't think the hairspray will penetrate it. You should be fine. I sprayed ALOT on the one I did, and no haziness or damage to the finish of the bat is evident. I just made sure that once the gunk was loose, I washed it all off ASAP.

Comment

• momen55
      • Aug 2006

the best one is goo gone. i use it to remove rubber cement so it definitely works on tape. i have tried some of the others on the list and they took the black paint off. squirt some on and let it sit, then start rubbing it with a rag. it won't leave any residue.

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by momen55
        the best one is goo gone. i use it to remove rubber cement so it definitely works on tape. i have tried some of the others on the list and they took the black paint off. squirt some on and let it sit, then start rubbing it with a rag. it won't leave any residue.
        Thanks! I'll try that first. I believe being more of a goo (if it's like jelly) than a liquid might be better. Also it won't eat through as fast. Will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for all the info, comments, and help! Tony
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

After thinking about it, it may not be a good idea. Looking at your black bat, not much pine tar and use underneath where the tape was. My bat does have alot of use underneath the tape. I don't see how I can remove only the tape glue, without it eating through to the bat.

It most likely will give me a clean ring around where the tape was and will look odd.

Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• BULBUS
            • Nov 2005

tony, i agree. if you suceed in removing the tape residue, the pine tar will go with it. i suppose you could apply some new pine tar, but that wouldnt match the old pine tar. your probably better off leaving the tape on in this situation. chris
            Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
            sigpic
            donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BULBUS
              tony, i agree. if you suceed in removing the tape residue, the pine tar will go with it. i suppose you could apply some new pine tar, but that wouldnt match the old pine tar. your probably better off leaving the tape on in this situation. chris
              My thoughts also. Why someone put tape over the crack, especially considering it's only cracked and not broken apart, is beyond me.
              Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

Working...