Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Players you dislike!

Mike Schmidt.

He was signing at a show when I was a kid. I found the nicest Mike Schmidt rookie card I could find (grade quality) to have him sign. They weren't real expensive at the time. Maybe $15-$20 – can't remember.
    He could tell I was trying to be careful with it handing it to him as to not bend or knock the corners. He lays it on the table, signs it, looks at it for a second and then looks at me while he bends the corner of the card into the table. He gives me a smirks and says something about it being a nice card.
    What an A**.

I have a number of players I root against but still respect. My biggest pet peeve is when players agree to take money for a signing and then show up and treat the fans like crap or ignore them.

One of the worst is Rich Gannon (met him at a signing at the pro bowl about five years ago). He wouldn't even look at fans and just ignored them when they tried to talk to him.

If you dont like interacting with fans don't take the money and agree to do the signing.

The player I dislike the most is Tony Gwynn. I went to a card show and got an auto baseball. I asked to take a picture with him and he said no which was ok. 15 minutes later I saw him taking pictures with a person that had some of his game used stuff. What a jerk

Jojo

Kevin Walker, for what he inadvertantly did to Bo.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Howard -

That Kirk Gibson story never gets old.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Yep! Well said. I took special joy in knowing so much of the Mitchell Report was directly associated with the Mutts.

Also on my list:

Mark Messier. As a Canucks fan, I'm bound by law to hate him

Steve Smith (The Blackhawk #5) For his cheap shot on Bure in 1996. He was never really the same

Chris Pronger. I hope someone accidentally slashes his Achilles heal in the playoffs. He is the cheapest dirtbag I ever witnessed. (especially trying to stomp on Kesler's leg with a skate blade.)

Boomer Esiason. Seriously, what an arrogant pompous ass. I hated him when he played for the Jets and he is simply disgusting to listen to on the radio. Get over yourself. You were the Trent Dilfer of your day, a never was. At least Trent won a Super Bowl.
    Mark Messier is a loser in my books....and I'm Canadian. He refused to sign an autograph (for my young son) when he was with the Canucks. Pavel Bure had more class. He came by and took pics with us and signed Canuck's items for my boy.

"Moose" is more like a mouse

Wade Boggs, just because.

Ken

Manny Ramirez, I think he is a giant disgrace to baseball.

Banned

Barry Bonds of course. Cheater and the ultimate jerk.
    Mike Tyson. He was at a bball game in Vegas. He wouldn't sign for any of the white kids, but he would sign for any kids of color.
    Greg

Banned

Roger Clemens too. Something about him makes me want to just punch him in the face.