Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Players you dislike!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    About the trading of the ball...

I remember reading about this when it happened. The team offered you one of Kyle's bats and you asked for a signed Ramirez bat too. It's the kid's first HR baseball. That's like catching Colby Rasmus's first homer and asking for an Albert Pujols bat (kinda).

Every article I read about that (including your blog) made YOU sound like you carried a 'sense of entitlement'. It's like you were OWED something for being a ballhawk. You have to know that the staff for BOTH teams was telling Chris that you were asking for the Ramirez bat...he was probably offended.

Remember when McGwire was breaking the record in 1998 (no steroid comments please, that's not what I am getting at)?

When he got into high 50's and started breaking National League records, the fans catching the baseballs would ask for all kinds of stuff...to the point that it was ignorant. Then, this great kid, Tim Forneris (a groundskeeper) catches THE ball, #62 and asks for NOTHING...just gives the ball to Mac.

I know you thought Chris was in the wrong - but I am not one of those who feels sorry for you. You had a great opportunity to be a good guy and blew it with me by asking for something that was beyond reasonable...and expecting sympathy.

The kid gave you a game used bat with a cool inscription - "You caught my first homerun!" and you dislike him for his attitude. He could have told you to keep the ball and 'bugger off'. I think I can make out what he's saying to the camera in this photo:
    I don't know the situation and it could have been a bad day for both of them.

While Chris may seem to be "living the dream", his life has also had a lot of ups and downs when he lost his father at an early age.

The Washington Post recently did an article about him as he grew up in Maryland outside of Washington (and a few miles where we live).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122402366.html
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Coughlan looks like one classy guy in that photo. The way the Marlins jerked the ballhawk around...if it was me, I would have kept it!

I guarantee the first homerun ball of the 2009 NL ROY is worth more than a Hanley Ramirez bat.

I remember reading Coghlan wanting the ball so he could give it to his mom. I find that article so interesting and wonder what really happened.

Thats an interesting article

pat the bat burrell- for ruining the rays chemistry

dioner navarro for his smug way about him, thinking hes better than what he really is

arod

AROD, Manny Ramirez, Marcus Allen (what a A-hole), Sterling Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by AROD313 View Post
    arod
    Why do you collect him if you dislike him?

Quote Originally Posted by jonincleve View Post
    toby harrah traded for buddy bell

john elway...i live in cleveland. side note john elway and bernie kosar both own arena football teams now and they are playing each other soon.

take care
    john
    +1 on Elway!! Doesnt seem like a bad guy but if you are a Cleveland fan, it is required to hate him.

Curt Schilling -man, what a blowhard....I heard ex-teammates called him Red Light as a nickname. They noticed that he would look obsessively for the red light indicating a camera was on and then change his persona completely and seek out the camera/mic because his thoughts and opinions were so very important.