Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Crack of the Bat - Museum Quality Bat Repair

While conducting a search on bat repairs, I came across this webiste. Interesting and it has a few pretty good links at the bottom of the page.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Re: Crack of the Bat - Museum Quality Bat Repair

Do you prefer to repair a cracked bat or leave it as is?
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
      • Apr 2007

My rule of thumb is if it is still in one piece, I see no need for repair. If it is in two pieces, I will glue it if possible.

Comment

• harpt
        • May 2007

I was intrigued by the offer to restore the faded paint on the lettering. What do folks think about this?

I have a bat that could use this service for the visual appeal, but would it hurt the integrity of the piece?
        Scott Harpt
        scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
        Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• kneerat
          • Nov 2005

I almost always like to keep pieces in "all-original" condition. Unless the bat is just a complete mess, my personal opinion is to leave it alone. A lot of bat collectors probably disagree with this.
          Thank you,
          Chris Nerat

Comment

• harpt
            • May 2007

Originally posted by kneerat
            I almost always like to keep pieces in "all-original" condition. Unless the bat is just a complete mess, my personal opinion is to leave it alone. A lot of bat collectors probably disagree with this.
            Chris,

In general I tend to agree. What I am really curious about though is...do folks see this particular service as akin to putting glue on a crack, or is this a more "serious offense" -- more like putting new numbers on a jersey?
            Scott Harpt
            scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
            Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• joelsabi
              • Aug 2005

i have a cooper bat that is cracked but in one piece. its one of my favorite bats that i own.

not sure how i feel about restoration since i like to have the game used item in "as is" condition. but maybe it displays better if its repair. i dont know.

anyone have before and after shots of a repaired bat?
              Regards,
              Joel S.
              joelsabi @ gmail.com
              Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• Rob L
                • Nov 2005

I always repair the cracks myself. I don't try to do a professional restoration as I do want the the crack visible, but I do have people pick up my bats and swing them which is no problem with a repaired crack.
                Rob L
                loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

Working...