Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BergerKing22784
    • Jul 2007

Re: "FOR SALE" Section ???

I always see "consigning" on auctions they are taking "consigners" what does that mean? Can I profit from it if I consign? Can I lose out?

Comment

• josports
      Banned
      • Aug 2005

Here is one for you.... I have read from these posts "Oh well I will go to ebay" yet you hear how much ebay is a disservice to the community. With that being said why not the new for sale format be in the ebay type format?? IF YOU WANT TO SELL AN ITEM ON THE FOR SALE SITE PAY TO LIST IT? Like ebay, but you have the trust in the community that you are getting good items. I think the GUU auctions are incredible!! Name me one other major auction house that you can find the trust in the items and the paperwork. Look at these items Steiner (Jeter playoff jersey), team paperwork (Adrian Peterson & Michael Jordan), player paperwork (Pujols) etc. There is a reason why you cannot find every starting quarterback, every 4 hole hitter, every Cy Young award winner, Ruth off brand bat in these auctions. Because those auctions that carry these type of jerseys, bats etc are and should be in question. I think the auction format is right on and the For Sale format should be a format to pay to list items. You want see to many 2001 McNabb Game Worn/Issued jersey issues if you have to pay for the listing and the site regulates it I promise.

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

For myself, I have never bought or sold anything in this forum. I never used the "for sale" section. I only added my thoughts. Not complaining...only added my thoughts.

I come to this forum and mainly enjoy seeing what other people collect; seeing things others have in their collection; learning why and what others collect; learn about the game used hobby; ask advice; and sometimes just read the many different threads, whether about GU stuff or not. Great site, great people, with tons of knowledge.
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• JETEFAN
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
          David,

Thank you. It always amazes me that people who are getting something for free will complain when the free thing goes away (albeit temporarily). They never appreciate all the time that the thing was given to them freely. I'm wondering if we shouldn't all pay some kind of nominal membership fee to be members here. That way people will actually have a legitmate say in what they are crying about.

just my .02

Jim
          Jim,
          I don't see where anyone has mentioned that the "free" for sale section is gone, my initial question, not having seen the post that it was going to be taken down during the auction was "what happened to it". This is not a "free" take advantage of issue, it's questioning what happened to probably the most poular section of this forum, people feel comfortable buying here because they know that everything listed for sale is viewed and questioned by tons of years of knowledge. I will be the first to say I would have no problem paying to list or buy, and would have no problem paying a yearly membership fee to help cover the cost of maintaining this forum, the benefits here are priceless!! My starting this thread was not meant to be of a negative nature.

George

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by JETEFAN
            Jim,
            I don't see where anyone has mentioned that the "free" for sale section is gone, my initial question, not having seen the post that it was going to be taken down during the auction was "what happened to it". This is not a "free" take advantage of issue, it's questioning what happened to probably the most poular section of this forum, people feel comfortable buying here because they know that everything listed for sale is viewed and questioned by tons of years of knowledge. I will be the first to say I would have no problem paying to list or buy, and would have no problem paying a yearly membership fee to help cover the cost of maintaining this forum, the benefits here are priceless!! My starting this thread was not meant to be of a negative nature.

George
            George, don't give it another thought. I saw nothing wrong with your question, nor the other comments that were made.
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• AWA85
              • Jan 2008

This is my first time being on the board through an auction time. Really wish I didn't make any comment, a few of you guys are getting pretty darn upset about a few opinions of some members. Hope the auction goes well because it will be good for the site, sorry for those who are getting a little riled up over this topic.
              Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by AWA85
                This is my first time being on the board through an auction time. Really wish I didn't make any comment, a few of you guys are getting pretty darn upset about a few opinions of some members. Hope the auction goes well because it will be good for the site, sorry for those who are getting a little riled up over this topic.
                Hey, no need to aplogize. This is America, isn't it? Freedom of speech, correct?

The only negative in this thread were from those who felt the need to chime in and come down on those who asked legit questions and added legit comments, which were in no way were intended to hurt anyone, or directed at anyone.

There are many different opinions on this matter, and I think everyone has the right to voice them.

Many comments
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• Yankwood
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
                  For myself, I have never bought or sold anything in this forum. I never used the "for sale" section. I only added my thoughts. Not complaining...only added my thoughts.

I come to this forum and mainly enjoy seeing what other people collect; seeing things others have in their collection; learning why and what others collect; learn about the game used hobby; ask advice; and sometimes just read the many different threads, whether about GU stuff or not. Great site, great people, with tons of knowledge.
                  Didn't you sell the Cano glove through this sight?

Comment

• Yankwood
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Yankwood
                    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=cano+glove

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

No! Never bought or sold anything via this site.
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• Yankwood
                        • Nov 2005

Attempted? Whatever, it's splitting hairs...And I ain't got many to split.

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Attempted? Whatever, it's splitting hairs...And I ain't got many to split.
                          What's you're point?
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• camarokids
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13

From a technical standpoint , technically speaking , and just a minor technicality you did use the service .

But ended up selling the glove on ebay .

In case any one is keeping score ....... lol ........
                            Thank you,
                            David

This is my email address here!
                            dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• 3arod13
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by camarokids
                              From a technical standpoint , technically speaking , and just a minor technicality you did use the service .

I'll end this. Getting a little too ridiculous now.
                              Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• Yankwood
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by camarokids

Thanks. You made my point.

Comment

Working...