Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: "FOR SALE" Section ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    For those of you new to the site, this is an old topic. It gets taken down when there's an auction. Its not a big deal and if you only come here for the "for sale" section and feel the need to leave, dont let the door hit ya. The people that run this forum do this out of their own pockets and for the love of the hobby. If all you want is a for sale section, go read the classifieds. If you actually wish to contribute something to the hobby, then stick around.

Jim
    Amen Jim,
    This gets old fast. Gone for 3 days and already a thread about it. It was announced that the for sale section would be removed in a seperate thread. The for sale section was free of charge (no financial benefiet for the forum). The new format will have fees but the mods brought back the section the last time when they did not want to. Come on guys give it a break. The auction is a great thing with good intentions and some fabulous items.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Guys I think the point we are all missing is that GUU is as much a business as auction houses. The major point of difference is that it truly helps the collector by protecting them from all of the fraude that is in the industry. I know that it has educate me and has open my eyes to the con-artists that pray on collectors.

So with that being said, I feel GUU is entitled to make money just like the forum members who have sold items for free for the past few years. It's time we pay back to GUU to ensure that we can continue to enjoy this community of passonate GU collectors.

Just my opinion, I hope others will agree.

TW

Its not a big deal and if you only come here for the "for sale" section and feel the need to leave, dont let the door hit ya.
    Deja vu' all over again...
    However, since the last debate on this same topic, I have made my first purchase from the for sale section (thanks, Dewey). I still think this forum is fun without the for sale section. We need to let the GUU auction owners take a crack at capitalism. Also, the GUU auction shows needed transparency, by having an inhouse staff of authenticators always on patrol (this forum). This website still hasn't cost ME anything.

Banned

The "For Sale" section was put there by our gracious hosts. It's only part of what makes this site so appealing. All our hosts ask is, during their auction, they take the "For Sale" section down. Once the auction is over, they put the "For Sale" section back up. So, what's wrong with that?

It's their website and for myself, I am happy that the site exists let alone a section that allows members to offer items "For Sale" section that is "free of Charge".

But that's just my opinion.

Jim

The reason for my question was because I had not seen the post on the "For Sale" section being discontinued. Since the auction is sometime in April, I thought maybe there was another reason for it being discontinued now. And as for the comments of using the forum strictly for the for sale section, that is not the case. I have been here almost since the start of the Forum and I couldn't put a price on the knowledge and help I have recieved. I would also like to think my input over the years has helped others. I would be the first one to say that the time and effort put forth by all involved in keeping this forum going certainly warrants compensation. It is also important to keep in mind that what keeps this forum going is it's members, and the "For Sale " section in my opinion is one of if not the main event, people will ask and question each and every time it is withdrawn even if it's for a short period of time. It was not my intention to question it's removal, only asking why. Thanks to the administration for all it's hard work and efforts in keeping this alive, it is through forums like this and others that has helped take this hobby to the next level.

George

For those of you new to the site, this is an old topic. It gets taken down when there's an auction. Its not a big deal and if you only come here for the "for sale" section and feel the need to leave, dont let the door hit ya. The people that run this forum do this out of their own pockets and for the love of the hobby. If all you want is a for sale section, go read the classifieds. If you actually wish to contribute something to the hobby, then stick around.

Jim

Jim,

Completely agree with you and with Mike's comments. This is an old topic and it's seems to be always the same folks who are complaining about the for sale section closed during auctions.

I can't wait for the new for sale section to go into operation and i personally wouldn't mind paying a fee for it as it will weed out the real sellers from the speculators/watchers.

David

David,

Thank you. It always amazes me that people who are getting something for free will complain when the free thing goes away (albeit temporarily). They never appreciate all the time that the thing was given to them freely. I'm wondering if we shouldn't all pay some kind of nominal membership fee to be members here. That way people will actually have a legitmate say in what they are crying about.

just my .02

Jim

I have only been a member of the forum for a short time and do enjoy the "For Sale" section too but if it has to go away for awhile because of the auction then no harm in that. Those committing items to the auction deserve the full attention they are being provided.

It is very nice that GUU provides this section free of charge so no complaints on my end.

Banned

It's not like they took away the items wanted section. Can't you just post items you are looking for, and hope someone will respond?

Aaron

I see it like this, if you dont like how the site is being run don't come back

If you feel the need to complain about the temporary removal of a small part of the site you are obviously here for all the wrong reasons

No one is forcing you to look at the forums

And if someone is forcing you read this site you have bigger problems to worry about than the removal of the for sale forum
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com