Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

"FOR SALE" Section ???

Has the "For Sale" section been discontinued again?

George

Re: "FOR SALE" Section ???

It has been taken down to give more light to the GUU Auction, I won't lie I realize how much I used to look at that page now that it is gone. Site just is not the same without it, but I guess the owe it to the people that put up their big items. More time for ebay is my case now.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

It was one of the main reasons I looked at this site! Too bad its gone.

Just a thought, but would a "for sale" section really take anything away from an auction? I don't believe it would hurt the activity of an auction.

Banned

The for sale section/ and wanted section is the only reason I come to this site, now that it's gone maybe I'll look some where else and spend my time. I don't see how this for sale section would hurt their auction!!!
    Thanks!!
    Jamie

I agree, I took one look at the auction list and none of the items really fit into what I am looking for in my collection. The For Sale section was a nice alternative to EBAY with members we know and trust. I hope it is not gone for long, because it is a main reason many of us come to the site.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Good thing about a "for sale" section is it also gives you an opportunity to negotiate price and/or a trade for a good deal. Auctions don't.

I agree with the others I don't think the "For Sale" section would hurt the auction at all. I think an auction stands out by the quality of the items that are up for bid and this auction has plenty of great stuff in it. If folks want an item in the auction they are going to bid regardless of whether the "For Sale" section is up or not.

At the least, I think the "For Sale" section could have stayed up until the listings for the auction were finalized and posted w/ pics, etc.??

I can see the reasoning behind removing the "for sale" section, but I agree with some of the other comments.

Based upon the initial list that was posted for the auction I am going to bid on several things... as well I have bought and sold some pieces in the past couple of weeks on the for sale section.

I dont think the section would hurt the auction results at all. I feel as though the "for sale" section is more for pieces that we may not always put up at auction... those rare players that maybe only one or two of us are interested in, something we could buy for $100 or less... they would be a waste at auction.

The auction is more for those high end items, as the preliminary list shows, that alot of us will be interested in.

Just my two cents
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    I can see the reasoning behind removing the "for sale" section, but I agree with some of the other comments.

Based upon the initial list that was posted for the auction I am going to bid on several things... as well I have bought and sold some pieces in the past couple of weeks on the for sale section.

I dont think the section would hurt the auction results at all. I feel as though the "for sale" section is more for pieces that we may not always put up at auction... those rare players that maybe only one or two of us are interested in, something we could buy for $100 or less... they would be a waste at auction.

The auction is more for those high end items, as the preliminary list shows, that alot of us will be interested in.

Just my two cents
    Great points and well said!