Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Least Appealling Item in Your Collection

On the lighter side of collecting, I was curious to know what is that one piece in your collection that you look at and ask yourself why in the #*#* do I still have this, where did this come from or what was I thinking when I bought this?

Mine is my Duane Kuiper cracked LVS bat with the engraved name and model # shaved off that inspired me to post this question. Really nothing very aesthetically pleasing about this particular bat but at least he was kind enough to autograph it at the time so I at least know who's bat it was.

Re: Least Appealling Item in Your Collection

Has to be my 1998 Luis Lopez Rawlings Adirondack bat! I'm tempted to cut it up and make a pencil holder out of it!

A Richmond Braves Pro Stock bat used first by Jose Olmeda (who?) and then by Mike Warner (who?) and auto'd by Warner.

I thought at the time that it would be neat to own a bat used by my hometown team.

Jim

I have a Michael Vick Mounted Memories signed home jersey. It was framed and displayed with my collection but I took it back to the frame place and had them use the frame for another jersey. Now it is sitting in my basement in the matting still gathering dust. I tried to sell it on ebay a few times but had it sold three times and each time the winning bidder didnt pay so it sits in my basement.