Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Magic Johnson game used stuff?

Does anyone here collect Magic Johnson? He's my favorite basketball player but I don't have anything game used by him yet. I'd love to see anything that the members here would be willing to share. Thanks

-Jason M

Banned

Re: Magic Johnson game used stuff?

Just barely picked up these game used Magic Johnson game used 1990-91 Converse shoes from his last season. Size 14. Both autographed. Legit Magic stuff is hard to find and usually expensive.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images       

I've been looking for a real Magic jersey for a while, and haven't found one that I'm convinced is real

Thanks for the replys guys.

Those shoes are sweet. I had a pair of those back in the day. Not gamers of course. I played many a pick-up game in them though. lol

-Jason M

I went through a period in the late '90's where I tried really hard to obtain a Johnson gamer. The problem was that the hobby was flooded with $3,000 great looking replicas that came with LOA that I finally gave up and purchased a great looking autographed Upper Deck authenticated framed jersey for $300 and decided that I can live with that.

Visit my site Spartantiques!

the only way that I would buy a lakers jersey, is if I knew the person selling it had it their collection before 1990...in the early to mid 90's there were a ton of fake tiernans that hit he market...and it wasn't just Magic, it was everyone..Chamberlains, Wests, Baylors, Kareems, etc...

I would be EXTREMELY cautious about buying any Lakers Tiernan jersey

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    the only way that I would buy a lakers jersey, is if I knew the person selling it had it their collection before 1990...in the early to mid 90's there were a ton of fake tiernans that hit he market...and it wasn't just Magic, it was everyone..Chamberlains, Wests, Baylors, Kareems, etc...

I would be EXTREMELY cautious about buying any Lakers Tiernan jersey
    In the early 90s, I remember reading in SCD about a "Laker Find" from Tiernan. All the great Laker names that you mentioned, "discovered" in a warehouse...in maybe, Glendale? There was a flood of Laker jerseys that hit the market then...now that I remember, were these fakes? I remember a full page ad.

BTPH...not familiar who the "Tiernan Find" strory in SCD...I'm pretty sure that there is no connection

Maybe you should ask Dan any question you have on Johnson stuff. He has great knowledge on Lakers items

Jojo

I wonder what ever became of the jersey Magic wore in game six of the 79-80 NBA finals. That would be the holy grail of Magic Johnson items to me.

-Jason M