Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

19th Century Team Photo

I picked this cabinet for a song a couple of weeks ago. The seller had it listed as a c1900 image. I think he may have had this dated 20 years to late. What do you all think?

Rob L
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: 19th Century Team Photo

Actually, meant to say late-1880s.

Rob L

Agreed. Outstanding photo. Bib front jerseys an early mask and two nice bats. As always, I'll ask the question...What did you pay for it?

Wow, great photo...I would bet that's mid to late 1880's...Bib front jerseys - ring bats....Nice score.

Hey Mike,

This was a bargain. Not only is the cabinet older than the seller thought but it is larger than a normal cabinet card, somewhere between a standard cabinet and an Imperial cabinet. I ended up winning this for $93 and change. This seller believes this cabinet is from the Boston area. Anyone know of teams that started with an H in the Boston area?

Rob L

Well there is Harvard, but this doesn't look like a college team.

Banned

Hello slidekellyslide, You maybe right or wrong, as looking at the players they look a bit older then college level BUT!!!, they don't look to old either, there are definitely a few that look young enough to be in college. Don't let the thick mustache fool you remember that was the style of the time. I knew a guy who had a full beard in Junior High School. How crazy is that?