X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hblakewolf
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: April pick-ups

[quote=platinum1;78586]Im not sure if you notice the picture next to the jersey of Ella Williams and the other pictureI have of her from the 1990 Globetrotter Tour Program. Hey thanks for answering my other questions.

The jersey you have and that in the photo are the same STYLE; thus, a STYLE match. To make the claim that you have a PHOTO match, you must have some way to detrmine that your item (in this case the jersey) is the same as in the shot. Possibly a rip, tear, blemish, odd stitching, etc. At this point, how have you shown that your shirt is the same as the one in the photo? Unless I'm missing something, you have a STYLE match.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• platinum1
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

[quote=hblakewolf;78587]
      Originally posted by platinum1
      Im not sure if you notice the picture next to the jersey of Ella Williams and the other pictureI have of her from the 1990 Globetrotter Tour Program. Hey thanks for answering my other questions.

The jersey you have and that in the photo are the same STYLE; thus, a STYLE match. To make the claim that you have a PHOTO match, you must have some way to detrmine that your item (in this case the jersey) is the same as in the shot. Possibly a rip, tear, blemish, odd stitching, etc. At this point, how have you shown that your shirt is the same as the one in the photo? Unless I'm missing something, you have a STYLE match.

Howard Wolf
      hblakewolf@patmedia.net
      When you answer my questions the Ill answers your.

Comment

• dcgreg25
        • Jan 2008

Just picked up a 2000 Manny Ramirez Game Used Akron Aeros jersey from a rehab stint during his last year with the Indians along with a team COA from the Aeros. Trying to find a photo and/or style match but Aeros pics are hard to find.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

[quote=platinum1;78588]
          Originally posted by hblakewolf
          When you answer my questions the Ill answers your.

uh oh, is this another spat in the making?

I'm interested to see how it is a photo match. I must be missing something. I see the style match but then again the photo is small and its hard to make out the details....

Jim

Comment

• platinum1
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Just because I love you guys
            Attached Files

Comment

• platinum1
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

bigger pic
              Attached Files

Comment

• gameused
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by dcgreg25
                Just picked up a 2000 Manny Ramirez Game Used Akron Aeros jersey from a rehab stint during his last year with the Indians along with a team COA from the Aeros. Trying to find a photo and/or style match but Aeros pics are hard to find.

Nice jersey! Congrat's on being the winning bidder. I put in a bid for it on the last day. If I find any pics I'll forward them to you. Also, if you ever decide to sell please let me know!

Thanks, Bobby

Comment

• tym
                  • Jun 2007

Here are mine

www.FriendsOfCFF.com
                  Visit our Mariner Museum.
                  Make a difference, help find a cure!

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is the meaning of success
                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson
                  sigpic

www.SeattleMarinersRBI.com
                  Seattle Mariners Real Baseball Involvement
                  A new day, a new way....working with the M's to improve the community.

Comment

• ahuff
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gameused
                    Nice jersey! Congrat's on being the winning bidder. I put in a bid for it on the last day. If I find any pics I'll forward them to you. Also, if you ever decide to sell please let me know!

Thanks, Bobby

I saw that jersey, and had considered it. But, I passed because of two reasons.

First, I want to ask you this. . .Did (or Would) the Indians have Manny appear on the road? The parent club of our minor league team only sends guys to a minor league team that has home games (unless they are on a longer rehab stint). They want their teams to get the gate. I know we are not the only club that has this happen. This jersey is the road uni, as they wore white at home. I've attached a photo of Sabathia wearing his 2000 home jersey.

Second, the 100 year patch came out the following year. This isn't a total "Don't buy it" kind of sign. However, our local team (and I'm sure many others) typically creates a jersey just for the star players that come down for rehab. By that time, Manny was a legit star. They then typically sell them right after the season. When the seller states "it went directly from Manny's locker to my residence where I have stored it in its original immaculate condition", I do have to say that is not 100% accurate, due to the 2001 patch. In addition, the COA is undated. Not a huge issue, but it certainly is if they are saying it went from Manny's locker to his home but it has a 2001 patch.

It would have been nice to have the date Manny played in the COA. It appears it would have been in June, as that is when Manny was gone from the parent club.
                    Attached Files
                    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• Redbird64
                      • Jan 2008

Not exactly a Cardinals fan favorite, but a tough bat to find....
                      Attached Files

Comment

• bigtruck260
                        • Sep 2007

Bill -

I was a HUGE fan of those 82-83 Braves teams. Brett Butler, Murph, Horner, Ramirez, Washington, Chambliss, Benedict, Hubbard, Mahler, Camp, Forster, Garber, Neikro, McMurtry...all of 'em.

Sadly, Horner was a Cards bust. I think that bat is really cool.

Dave
                        Dave
                        Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                        River City Redbird Authentics
                        http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• momen55
                          • Aug 2006

tim raines final season game bat. #30 written on both ends. i love these bats without knobs. according to brian, tim ordered only 12 of these in 2002! woohoo!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02851.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	643740

Comment

• Rob L
                            • Nov 2005

1971-72 Angels team-issued hat with light use:
                            Attached Files
                            Rob L
                            loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• whatupyos
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2005

TYM
                              Are those Willie Bloomquist game used gloves? Do you have any Bloomquist game used for sale? He is an ASU Alumni and I also am an ASU alumni and like to follow some of their players.

Aaron

Comment

• dcgreg25
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gameused

Thanks, Bobby
                                Bobby AKA gameused shoot me an e-mail at gregguy@hotmail.com. I have a couple things I wanted to ask you about.

Comment

Working...