Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: April pick-ups

Banned

Re: April pick-ups

bigger pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Just picked up a 2000 Manny Ramirez Game Used Akron Aeros jersey from a rehab stint during his last year with the Indians along with a team COA from the Aeros. Trying to find a photo and/or style match but Aeros pics are hard to find.

Nice jersey! Congrat's on being the winning bidder. I put in a bid for it on the last day. If I find any pics I'll forward them to you. Also, if you ever decide to sell please let me know!

Thanks, Bobby

Here are mine

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Nice jersey! Congrat's on being the winning bidder. I put in a bid for it on the last day. If I find any pics I'll forward them to you. Also, if you ever decide to sell please let me know!

Thanks, Bobby

I saw that jersey, and had considered it. But, I passed because of two reasons.

First, I want to ask you this. . .Did (or Would) the Indians have Manny appear on the road? The parent club of our minor league team only sends guys to a minor league team that has home games (unless they are on a longer rehab stint). They want their teams to get the gate. I know we are not the only club that has this happen. This jersey is the road uni, as they wore white at home. I've attached a photo of Sabathia wearing his 2000 home jersey.

Second, the 100 year patch came out the following year. This isn't a total "Don't buy it" kind of sign. However, our local team (and I'm sure many others) typically creates a jersey just for the star players that come down for rehab. By that time, Manny was a legit star. They then typically sell them right after the season. When the seller states "it went directly from Manny's locker to my residence where I have stored it in its original immaculate condition", I do have to say that is not 100% accurate, due to the 2001 patch. In addition, the COA is undated. Not a huge issue, but it certainly is if they are saying it went from Manny's locker to his home but it has a 2001 patch.

It would have been nice to have the date Manny played in the COA. It appears it would have been in June, as that is when Manny was gone from the parent club.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Not exactly a Cardinals fan favorite, but a tough bat to find....

Bill -

I was a HUGE fan of those 82-83 Braves teams. Brett Butler, Murph, Horner, Ramirez, Washington, Chambliss, Benedict, Hubbard, Mahler, Camp, Forster, Garber, Neikro, McMurtry...all of 'em.

Sadly, Horner was a Cards bust. I think that bat is really cool.

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tim raines final season game bat. #30 written on both ends. i love these bats without knobs. according to brian, tim ordered only 12 of these in 2002! woohoo!
    Name:  DSC02851.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  81.8 KB

1971-72 Angels team-issued hat with light use:
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Banned

TYM
    Are those Willie Bloomquist game used gloves? Do you have any Bloomquist game used for sale? He is an ASU Alumni and I also am an ASU alumni and like to follow some of their players.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post

Thanks, Bobby
    Bobby AKA gameused shoot me an e-mail at gregguy@hotmail.com. I have a couple things I wanted to ask you about.