Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: April pick-ups

Re: April pick-ups

Just got this in today. Benny Agbayani Mets bat with some deep lace marks and nice ballmarks. Metsbats and Ron, is this bat from the 1999 season? Anyone have photos of Benny with this type of bat?

Thanks, Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Bobby,

Nice Benny bat. This bat is from the later part of 2000. The blacken MLB emblem started at that time. This is NOT a 1999 bat.

You have a nice gamer from the WS year.

Enjoy the bat!

-David

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Bobby,

Nice Benny bat. This bat is from the later part of 2000. The blacken MLB emblem started at that time. This is NOT a 1999 bat.

You have a nice gamer from the WS year.

Enjoy the bat!

-David
    David,

Thanks for your help! I was thrilled when I got this bat in. Know were I can find photos of Benny with this type bat, also do you have any Benny items? If I remember right, you had some nice bats of his, if you dont mind can you post some pics?

Thanks again, Bobby

Bobby,

Nice Agbayani pick-up! Good to know it went to a good home. I'm sure that David has some nice Benny items, too. I have my jerseys here at home, but the bats are in storage.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Banned

Just picked up some vintage items.

-Riddell RK 4 helmet (Red w/white stripe. 83 on back and "BK" written on the inside);
    -Rawlings yellow/gold football pants (BECK handwritten inside);
    -one-bar facemask (No identifiers on the mask);
    -hip-pad girdle (Bill Beck handwritten on the inside);
    -Duke football - "Thorp Sporting Goods" football but too beat-up to see what commissioner appeared on the ball.

Jim

Well, I almost got a baseball signed by the Babe's daughter, Julia Ruth Stevens, yesterday. I was going to do it in the seventh inning, but she left before that and didn't come back. They showed her on the big screen, and of course the crowd gave her a big ovation, and she seemed very happy. She looks really good for her age, too. (Julia is his adopted daughter; I guess his only biological child died in 1989.)

I could have displayed it with my Pete Rose Junior bat and my Mel Stottlemyre Junior jersey.

Went to the Orange and Blue game at UF yesterday. As usual they had a bunch of game jerseys for sale. This year they bumped up the price from $20 to $50. I bought a bunch and will have them on Ebay over the next couple of weeks. I'll probably keep a couple. One I'm definitely keeping is this Todd Johnson jersey. Todd was a great safety for the Gators and then went to the Bears and now the Rams. I just picked up his Rams jersey from Jim Yackel a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by island_style View Post
    Bobby,

Nice Agbayani pick-up! Good to know it went to a good home. I'm sure that David has some nice Benny items, too. I have my jerseys here at home, but the bats are in storage.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com
    Ron,

Thanks! Please post some pics of your Benny jerseys, I would love to see them. You have the best collection of Hawaii/MLB players!

Best Regards, Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    David,

Thanks for your help! I was thrilled when I got this bat in. Know were I can find photos of Benny with this type bat, also do you have any Benny items? If I remember right, you had some nice bats of his, if you dont mind can you post some pics?

Thanks again, Bobby

Bobby,

Here's what's left of my Agbayani collection. 2 bats, a 2000 WS hanky, and 2 packages of Benny Bean coffee!

At one point I had a complete 2000 home white jersey and pants and game used helmet, a couple of other game used bat. Ron S. is the proud owner of my 1998 Agbayani game used home pinstripe AIS jersey with Benny's rookie no 39!

-David

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Bobby,

Here's what's left of my Agbayani collection. 2 bats, a 2000 WS hanky, and 2 packages of Benny Bean coffee!

At one point I had a complete 2000 home white jersey and pants and game used helmet, a couple of other game used bat. Ron S. is the proud owner of my 1998 Agbayani game used home pinstripe AIS jersey with Benny's rookie no 39!

-David
    David,

Nice items! Thanks for sharing the photo!

I forgot to mention that the gentlemen I got the Benny Agbayani bat from said Agbayai gave him the bat after getting to know him when he was a B.P pitcher for the Atlanta Braves.

Thanks, Bobby