Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ManRam Max Bats

Re: ManRam Max Bats

This is a great thread, I wish there were more informational threads being created here on the forum. I like the idea of different members posting pictures of items from their collections, showing different use characteristics of their game used items, and how a players tendencies change over the course of a players career. It helps educate us all on the types of items we should be looking for and items we should be staying away from.

Anyone that wants to start a threat for an individual player and have other members post pictures of that players game used items in the thread would be a welcome addition to this forum.
    Brian
    big10champ@msn.com
    Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    I have those photo's in my log as Mash bat photo's.These pics were taken in 05 during the time Manny was exclusively using the Mash bats like the one i pictured.
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

I thought the Mash Bats had black cups? Did they also make bats with natural wood cups?

Rob L

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    I thought the Mash Bats had black cups? Did they also make bats with natural wood cups?

Rob L

Yes.All the pics i have seen and the bat i own has a natural cup.I feel for you on your search....
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

The use of the Max Bat for BP is looking to be the case. He made 2 orders for Max Bats in 2005, one during Spring Training and one during the Red Sox visit to the Metrodome in early August 2005. Unfortunately, Getty doesn't have images for the first half of August, but with the number of ball marks on the bat, it would have to be from batting practice. It's very unlikely that this many ball marks would be on a game bat that wasn't used much.

The search has been fun. Thanks all for the info.

Rob L

Rob,

I found a photo of Manny with a natural colored Max bat from a spring training game in 2006, not sure if his name is on the bat, but heres proof Manny used a Max bat during a game.

Best Regards, Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images