Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chris Nerat Still Stinging From GUU Thrashing...

based on nerat's latest blog entry it appears that the young scribe is still hurting from the beat down he took from members of GUU over his ridiculous defense of heritage and sloppy authenticators. so complete was the recent beat down that nerat found himself publicly apologizing for his half-truths and backpeddling on other points - and of course it was no surprise that nerat chose to simply ignore demands for explanations put to him in his blog rather than own up to them. alas....

btw i wonder if lampson treated nerat and bloedow to snow cones, cotton candy and a tour of capone's vault this time around - i know the guys were tickled pink when lampson treated them to a tour of dealey plaza during the dallas show; so much so that they both gushed about it in their blogs while reporting to their readers that lampson was a swell guy, misunderstood and just an average joe prone to mistakes just like the rest of us - thank goodness they chimed in because i had been under the impression that lou was a professional authenticator paid for his expertise...

and in case you read this young nerat, no need to get huffy towards the fine folks at guu whenever you make a new blog entry - in the future simply do the following and all is good....

1. don't make things up - and don't imply that you know something that you don't.

2. don't tell your readers that an item up for auction is "rock solid" when you have no idea if it is or isn't. use phrases like "according to" or "i've been told" - see the difference?

blog on.

Re: Chris Nerat Still Stinging From GUU Thrashing...

I actually read into Nerat's first comment differently, Robert. Given that he's still standing behind those comical statements made in the 3/18 blog, I'm seriously under the impression that he thinks we were the ones out of line and that he's more or less doing everyone else a favor by ignoring us impulsive, cowardly, bad-for-the-hobby troublemakers.

He also said this in that same "Addai" blog:

There were many attendees at the event who commented on my recent blog about different forum members and their rants. It was nice to get their views and I got to pick their brains a bit on what their views were of the hobby, and some actions on message boards that may or may not be appropriate.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the meaning of appropriate.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

I personally think these message board to message board war of words have some entertainment value. I have never met Mr. Nerat, but he seems like a good guy who enjoys the hobby, like myself. I personally don't think any of his blog readers know who the hell Noel Coward is. See, he called members of this forum "cowards". Noel's last name is Coward...get it?

Not really funny, but I admire the attempt at comedy. This may be a more recognizable coward:

Still not funny. This feud is comedy, however. It reminds me of Kool Moe Dee vs. L.L. Cool J...Trump vs. Rosie...Kobe vs. Shaq.
    I hope Mr. Nerat will post again on this forum. I think he has things to offer. No hard feelings.

Skipcareyisfat-
    Is the quote in your signature about Lampson?

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I have never met Mr. Nerat, but he seems like a good guy who enjoys the hobby,
    No question. I know him well and the truth is, he and I often disagree (now that I think about it, my wife and I often disagree too). On the issue of whether or not Chris is a good guy though, I know the answer to be absolutely yes.

Thank you for that post.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    I actually read into Nerat's first comment differently, Robert....

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the meaning of appropriate.
    actually i don't think we'll have to agree to disagree at all scf, imo your impression of nerat's comments are dead-on. and, fwiw, i was just having a little fun with nerat - just getting in a few digs. although, obviously, the exchange did leave a bit of a welt given that he felt compelled to contribute almost half of his "sun-times show" blog to guu forum members. this tells me that either the show was a bore and offered little to report or that young nerat is having a tough time letting the exchange go...

"There were many attendees at the event who commented on my recent blog about different forum members and their rants. It was nice to get their views and I got to pick their brains a bit on what their views were of the hobby, and some actions on message boards that may or may not be appropriate."

if nerat did indeed discuss the exchange with attendees (something i'm afraid we'll never really know given his fondness for fish tales) it would be interesting to know the details. i'm sure it's safe to assume that they were all very impressed with his crack analysis of the namath lid before it was exposed. and the way he deftly fielded forum member "rants".

"joe, got one just like that at home. i swear. picked it up at auction. the real goods, rock solid. came with a coa - so ya know it's good."

Yeah, he seems like a rock solid type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    ..this tells me that either the show was a bore and offered little to report or ...
    something tells me the show could've had the green ripken jersey, jordan shooting unc shirt, namath helmet, a few short-sleeved mannings, AND lampson giving a public speech finally admitting to his slack ways and nerat would be glued to a display of barry bonds commemorative coins the entire time.

anyway, if GUU wants to stay on nerat's good side in the future, i recommend they take out an ad in SCD.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    young nerat is having a tough time letting the exchange go...
    If your suggestion is that he let it go, I would agree. My hope is that many of us soon come to the conclusion that we might all benefit from that advice.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    No question. I know him well and the truth is, he and I often disagree (now that I think about it, my wife and I often disagree too). On the issue of whether or not Chris is a good guy though, I know the answer to be absolutely yes.

Thank you for that post.
    i wouldn't be at all surprised to discover that nerat is a swell guy - but when you are an editor of a well-recognized sports collectors publication i think it is rather poor form to publicly accuse those that don't share your opinion "cowards", regardless if it's a blog format. he did in print and, in the event that might be lost on some readers, included graphics. he could have easily expressed the same view without getting personal or calling out specific people. this was especially galling considering nerat had just told the collecting public that the namath lid was "rock solid", an announcement that was presumably good for the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24
    something tells me the show could've had the green ripken jersey, jordan shooting unc shirt, namath helmet, a few short-sleeved mannings, AND lampson giving a public speech finally admitting to his slack ways and nerat would be glued to a display of barry bonds commemorative coins the entire time.

anyway, if GUU wants to stay on nerat's good side in the future, i recommend they take out an ad in SCD.

rudy.
    sad but very true....

I actually forgot that Lampson examined the Green Ripken and the Infamous Jordan.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    something tells me the show could've had the green ripken jersey, jordan shooting unc shirt, namath helmet, a few short-sleeved mannings, AND lampson giving a public speech finally admitting to his slack ways...

*sorry about posting re-hashed, greatest hits of photoshops from times past.