Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

First Attempt at Bat Repair

Picked this Grich gamer up a few weeks ago. The end of the bat had pretty significant water damage. I contacted Fred Lowman to see what his thoughts were on cleaning this up a bit. Fred told me to sand water damaged area but to be careful at the water line as the discoloration could be deep and a groove in the bat would look bat. Fred was right, although I could lighten the water line, it was deep into the wood. After sanding it a bit, I gave it a couple of Golden Oak stain. It's not the greatest job but I think it does look a bit better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Re: First Attempt at Bat Repair

Rob,
    I think it looks much better. Very good job. I repaired a severely cracked bat I just bought, and although it isn't perfect it does look better. If you are happy then that is all that counts!

Scott

Re: First Attempt at Bat Repair

Quote Originally Posted by scottanservitz View Post
    Rob,
    I think it looks much better. Very good job. I repaired a severely cracked bat I just bought, and although it isn't perfect it does look better. If you are happy then that is all that counts!

Scott
    Thanks Scott. I guess saying my this was my first attempt at bat repair is a bit of misnomer. I have repaired all of my cracked bats. This is just an attempt beyond fixing cracks.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com