Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So is this how the game used dealers think of game Used Universe?

I found this dealers bizarre comments while looking at his website for the first time .

The site was recommended on the Wanted Section......

http://www.mikessportinggoods.com/network54.htm
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Re: So is this how the game used dealers think of game Used Universe?

Mike Quick has had that posted on his website since the old forum days.

Never read that before.We don't need someone like this on the Forum anyways.I have meet great people and got great items through this forum.Also learned an awful lot about the Hobby through the Forum and go on the forum everyday.Just my thoughts and I am sure others on here would 100 percent agree with me on this one.

Thanks
    Geoff

HE IS WAY OFF!! Since I joined this forum, not only have I learned so much about what to look for in game used items, but people in this forum have pushed me to research hard and as much as possible to ensure what I got or want is legit.

Kudos to this website and everyone involved in it!!

Regards, Tony

I heard similar comments about the forum from another dealer I bought a jersey off of awhile back when I had mentioned this site to him in the course of our communication.

It seemed to me at least that his issues with GUU came more from personal issues he had with some particular members of the forum who he knew from being in the hobby and who had questioned an item of his he was selling or had sold.

I just say to each their own.

I've had a run in, or two, with Mike. Personally, I've just decided that I had a weird vibe from him and felt it better if I don't deal with him.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

This site has helped me tremendously. I wish I had discovered it earlier as I am ashamed to admit that I used to be some of the "stupid money" which took certain certificates of authenticity from purported experts at face value. I was fine as long as I was sticking with baseball jerseys purchased from the Pirates or through Steiner, but when I ventured outside of this realm into football jerseys, I think that I got my clock cleaned. I am sure this site saved me from an eventual several thousand dollar mistake in the future, so I will always be grateful. As a relatively new member, sometimes I do feel that the site is a little cliquish, but fortunately that is the exception rather than the rule and even at that, pales in comparison to the tremendous value this forum creates. No wonder auction houses and dealers engaging in surreptitious activity hate it!

Banned

Don't know the guy, probably because it looks like he focuses on baseball and I collect NFL. Very poorly done website though and it looks as though the comments are years old... to each his own, and I wasn't here in those days, for all I know Lampson posted then and that was who he was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Don't know the guy, probably because it looks like he focuses on baseball and I collect NFL. Very poorly done website though and it looks as though the comments are years old... to each his own, and I wasn't here in those days, for all I know Lampson posted then and that was who he was referring to.
    That is pretty funny !

I wasn't here on this site at the time either , but I still don't like his comment.

This site is great ! (even w/out the items for sale section )
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

the best part about this forum is how it has educated me on gameused bats. by going tol birdbats website i was able to learn a lot. collecting game used is something that i have wanted to do for a long time and this website has given me the courage to do so without the fear of getting burned. also another key thing this website has taught me is if i have a funny feeling about something just walk away.