Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How not to get Stadium memorabilia

some people might take offense to this but when i worked for the o's we use to throw everything away game used bats, batting gloves ,helmets, you name it when we had a day game after a night we use to stay in the clubhouse go in the batting cage and hit with broken bats i remember using a sosa,palmeiro list goes on then just throw them away i also remember jason grimsley after a game came in pi$$ed off took the bottom of his cleats and ripped his jersey in half it was a throwback game you should have seen the face of the mlb.com guy who was putting the holgrams on the jersey after they wore it he was scared to death. you would not believe all the game used equipment thrown away

David,
    I would think that if I were Steiner,Mets/yanks,or MLB, plans would have to begin shortly to obtain a hanger size storage area for all the items(approx 100,000 seats) ,outfield padding, dirt , foul poles (4), scoreboards , Yankee outfield facade , right field bleachers , numerous stadium signs ,dugout bat racks , dugout benchs ,etc
    Robert
    (P.S.David, still interested in bat,almost there-thanks again)

Robert,

That's a very good point. NY is in the unique situation where we are retiring not just one but two ball parks in the same year.

Meanwhile I'm starting to cleanup my garage so I can fit a foul pole in it.

(The bat is still here on hold for you)

David

I wasn't sure from the post if the New York Parks department would be selling the Yankee Stadium seats after the season is over? I know they sold some after a renovation some years ago. I am one of those people who would like to get a seat from the original Yankee Stadium and if someone knows and could point me where to get one I would sure appreciate it.

goceltics

CJ LONG contact me i have a yankee stadium orig. seat

Quote Originally Posted by island_style View Post
    Hi, David.

Did you see the current SI issue? There's a small article about collecting items from stadiums that are going to be demolished. It shows a picture of a couple walking on the field carrying a pair of Yankee Stadium seats before the stadium renovation in the 70's. Apparently, the fans were allowed to do this back then.

OT, but I had a chance to talk with Carl Erskine at my Dodger camp earlier this year at Dodgertown in Vero Beach. I asked what he did with his Brooklyn Dodger uniforms. He said he gave them away because they were taking up too much space in his closet! He mentioned that he had no idea at the time that the uniforms would be worth so much money. But, he did keep team-signed balls and some bats.

My, how times have changed.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com
    I once asked former Giants and Cardinals backup catcher Sal Yvars about his old uniforms. He said that he lent a Cards uni out to some neighborhood kid for a halloween costume and the kid never returned it.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by goceltics View Post
    CJ LONG contact me i have a yankee stadium orig. seat
    Thanks, but I am looking for a seat that was in the stadium the day the last regular scheduled game is played there against Baltimore in September of this year.

I've got a few stadium chairs and for me it all depends on the shape of the chair when I get it. My Yankee Stadium & Ebbets Field chairs were already restored when I got them. My Fulton County Stadium chair was in such bad shape that I had to restore it, to make it presentable. My Wrigley Field chair was in good shape, so I left it alone. For me they just need to look good.

Name:  ebbets field.JPG
Views: 1347
Size:  209.6 KB
    Ebbets Field

Name:  yankee stadium & wrigley field.JPG
Views: 1482
Size:  233.7 KB
    Yankee Stadium & Wrigley Field

Name:  fulton county stadium.JPG
Views: 1419
Size:  210.4 KB
    Atlanta Fulton County Stadium