• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

Re: How not to get Stadium memorabilia

Originally posted by island_style
    Hi, David.

Did you see the current SI issue? There's a small article about collecting items from stadiums that are going to be demolished. It shows a picture of a couple walking on the field carrying a pair of Yankee Stadium seats before the stadium renovation in the 70's. Apparently, the fans were allowed to do this back then.

OT, but I had a chance to talk with Carl Erskine at my Dodger camp earlier this year at Dodgertown in Vero Beach. I asked what he did with his Brooklyn Dodger uniforms. He said he gave them away because they were taking up too much space in his closet! He mentioned that he had no idea at the time that the uniforms would be worth so much money. But, he did keep team-signed balls and some bats.

My, how times have changed.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com
    I once asked former Giants and Cardinals backup catcher Sal Yvars about his old uniforms. He said that he lent a Cards uni out to some neighborhood kid for a halloween costume and the kid never returned it.

Jim

Comment

• cjclong
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by goceltics
      CJ LONG contact me i have a yankee stadium orig. seat
      Thanks, but I am looking for a seat that was in the stadium the day the last regular scheduled game is played there against Baltimore in September of this year.

Comment

• hiramman
        • Feb 2007

I've got a few stadium chairs and for me it all depends on the shape of the chair when I get it. My Yankee Stadium & Ebbets Field chairs were already restored when I got them. My Fulton County Stadium chair was in such bad shape that I had to restore it, to make it presentable. My Wrigley Field chair was in good shape, so I left it alone. For me they just need to look good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ebbets field.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	643829
        Ebbets Field

Name:	yankee stadium & wrigley field.JPG
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	643830
        Yankee Stadium & Wrigley Field

Name:	fulton county stadium.JPG
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	643831
        Atlanta Fulton County Stadium
        Always looking for Atlanta Braves Game-Used items. hiramman@bellsouth.net

Comment

Working...