Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025
Yeah I agree with you vwtdi. And to me something is funny with the photo of it like its from a google search or something. And why would he put it at $9.99 when a ball like that could be worth around $20000 and up.
I have discussed this in other threads, but I guess you missed it the last time I mentioned it:

Don't harass a seller for starting a bid at a low price. I start most all my auctions at .99 cents and I let the public decide the final price. It costs .20 cents to list a item starting at .99 cents or less and .35 cents to start a listing at $9.99 or less.

In a real auction world, you could start every auction at a penny and the public will set the final price for what your item is worth. Since I have had auctions end at over $10,000.00, I would say that this system is fine.

Just you cannot base if an autographed item is genuine based on the starting bid price - It is not even open for discussion.

Now, did you pay for the PSA Quick Opinion Service? I would think if you were going to bid on such an item, their $7.49 fee would be totally worth it.

http://www.psadna.com/quickopinion/(...)/Default.aspx