Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation More Elite Sports Marketing Problems

I wanted to update everyone on my continuing saga with Elite Sports Marketing. Several weeks ago I purchased a game used Adam Dunn glove from Elite Sports Marketing. I then received a call from Scot of Elite Sports Marketing, who informed me the glove came in with no use and I would not want it. I asked him to send me photos of the glove and he said yes. Of course, I never received the photos of the glove.

The next thing I know, Elite Sports Marketing sells the Adam Dunn glove to another collector on this forum. I do not fault the other collector.

My credit cared statement came in the mail last week and contained a charge from Elite Sports Marketing for the glove. I then e-mail Elite Sports Marketing about why my credit card was charged and why was my card not credited for an item I never received. In typical Elite Sports Marketing fashion, I never received a reply e-mail from Elite Sports Marketing.

I called the credit card company to dispute the charge. I now have to send the credit card company all of this paperwork to support my position of not receiving the glove.

IN MY OPINION, I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM ELITE SPORTS MARKETING. IF I HAD SENT ELITE SPORTS MARKETING A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, I WOULD PROBABLY NEVER SEE MY MONEY REFUNDED. I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE PAID FOR THE ITEM WITH AMERICAN EXPRESS......[/I][/B]

Scott

Re: More Elite Sports Marketing Problems

Quote Originally Posted by SSB15 View Post
    I called the credit card company to dispute the charge. I now have to send the credit card company all of this paperwork to support my position of not receiving the glove.
    Scott
    you need to get a hold of someone at your credit card company that knows what he/she is talking about - the charge should immediately be reversed (your account credited for the full amount) while your cc company investigates by asking the seller for proof of delivery and receipt. if the seller can't provide this information, or doesn't provide it within a certain time frame, the dispute should be settled in your favor. in short, you shouldn't have to do anything more than dispute the charge....

Good old Elite..... I have a question, how many names on ebay do they sell under? Anyone else seen parkviewauctions and a few others that carry a ton of ELITE products? Just wondering? I picked up a pair of Adam Dunn cleats and am very happy with them, but other than that I try to stay away from Elite.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

what a bunch of boobs

Banned

HAHAHA!!! Well said Vintage Duputy!!! Well said!!!

Banned

My bad, I can't spell....Vintage Deputy, too bad I can't edit!! Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    HAHAHA!!! Well said Vintage Duputy!!! Well said!!!

Thank you! I was originally thinking "assclowns", but I think "boobs" really says it all.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Good old Elite..... I have a question, how many names on ebay do they sell under? Anyone else seen parkviewauctions and a few others that carry a ton of ELITE products? Just wondering? I picked up a pair of Adam Dunn cleats and am very happy with them, but other than that I try to stay away from Elite.
    I saw that as well. I only collect Reds items. I would like to have a Dunn game used item. However, I just cannot bring myself to buy from Elite, even on E-bay...

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by SSB15 View Post
    I saw that as well. I only collect Reds items. I would like to have a Dunn game used item. However, I just cannot bring myself to buy from Elite, even on E-bay...

Scott
    A while back I bought a jersey with their COA from another collector. After a zillion attempts to communicate with them about the item I have given up...I'd have a better chance of getting ahold of Osama at this point. Why a business wouldn't want to offer quality customer service is beyond me, you'd think they'd be making much more money and have many more return customers if they treated us with any type of respect/dignity and showed a little professionalism. Oh well, I for one won't be patronizing but as I mentioned in another thread...they will still get their customers and make their profits.

Banned

As long as people keep spending their money and buying their items they will always be around. I have read so many posts from Forum members who chime in when someone posts a complaint about them yet turn around and say how they purchased something from them and "Are very happy with them" but other then that they "Try to stay away from them" Which one is it? You are happy with them but you try to stay away from them. Defies logic to some extent. When you start talking with your wallet Elite will have no one left to sell to. Until then, they will always be around.
    Sarahsdad