Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Interesting Feature on Manager's Jersey

On a current ebay listing for a G/U Mazzilli Baltimore jersey,the item describes a custom made inside pocket (behind uniform front number). Mazzilli smoked back then? Just noticed no set or flag tags on label but seller described some elsewhere
    (Note Purposely didn't place ebay URL listing. I BELIEVE if posted ,and while signed on to ebay,members will see your listing as an active sign in page and could bid under your name)

Re: Interesting Feature on Manager's Jersey

Pretty interesting jersey. The Orioles did not use set/year tags during that time period but the seller states that it must be from 2004 (Mazz's first year). However I have a 2004 Orioles road Mazzilli (nice wear) that I got directly from the team in 2006 with the 50th Anniversary patch on the sleeve (which they wore throughout '04) and they there is no sewed in patch in mine (the seller is correct that Mazz & Rodrigo Lopez switched digits in '05). The jersey in the auction appears to have no sleeve patch.

I know I posted these before but here is a 1980 Home Alternate of Ripken Sr which a cigarette pouch which he had sewn in throught out his career as a coach & manager.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I have an 04 Mazzilli alternate jersey with the custom pocket. The pocket was clearly added on. You can see where it's sewn through the front 13 on the jersey.
    Mine has no length alteration tagging, but is noticeably shorter than other Orioles Majestic gamers of that period.
    I'm guessing the jersey in the listing has the patch, but the seller was so excited by the pocket that he didn't bother to include the patch in the full length photos.

Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com

Smile Re: Interesting Feature on Manager's Jersey

earl weaver also utilized the cigarette pouch in his jerseys also. if i remember correctly he named one of his pitchers "full pack" caused thats what he did when he started on the mound.

mazzili use to smoke like a chimney i use to have to go buy them for him at begining of series when they came in which i hated he use to go in tunnel during innings javy lopez smoked also you would be suprised mike timlin, rodrigo lopez, nick johnson,ray miller,ron washington,jim leyland , i cannot remember anymore but there is i could not stand being areound them

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    earl weaver also utilized the cigarette pouch in his jerseys also. if i remember correctly he named one of his pitchers "full pack" caused thats what he did when he started on the mound.
    That would be Don Stanhouse...As an aside you rarely saw Mazzilli in a jersey since we usually wore one of the pullovers (like Francona) or a jacket.