Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jake Peavy game used batting helmet....probably....well, not really.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259

It goes from "Jake Peavy game used batting helmet" to....

"probably used by Jake Peavy" to....

"I have no physical evidence that this helmet relates to the exact year/years that Peavy played with the Bay Bears or that he physically used it himself"

whew! I'm glad that we cleared that up!

Jim

Re: Jake Peavy game used batting helmet....probably....well, not really.......

Yeah, I got very excited when I saw this listing this morning. Oh well, at least the guy was honest in some portion of the listing.

I saw the helmet late last night and was like wow a Peavy Helmet.I have never seen one before.But am going to stay away because the seller is not sure.I agree that he was up front about the helmet.

I emailed the seller and basically told him how he was trying to creatively make a buyer assume that Peavy used it, Here is his reponse.....

"Dear vintagedeputy,

Just wanted to fully disclose that I have no evidence... I very easily could have left all of that out and sold it as game used by Peavy, but that wouldn't be very honest - so this is why it is disclosed the way it is. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't purchased and "resold" without a disclosure and someone reaps much much more than I (the honest person) will probably get. Thanks for your interest, Stephen"

I lectured the seller a bit and he replied with this...

Dear vintagedeputy,

I have taken your suggestions into account and put a ? in the title and also removed the word "probably" as I go back and reread - you are correct in that that work is misleading. Again, my attempt is not to misguide someone. If you want - please reread and see if to your liking any better. Regards, Stephen