Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What is your Holy Grail of collecting?

a circa mid 50s van brocklin game used rt lid with lucite facemask - i would probably quit collecting and move on with my life if i ever got my hands on such a lid - heck, i would probably be just as happy with any authentic rt rams helmet. are there any still in existence? i've never seen one.....

Aeneas,

What does rt refer to in this post? I saw a helmet today with a facemask like the one in your photo. It is a suspension helmet and is made by Frankilin.

I am guessing it is a youth helmet, though it fits my head well. I had never seen one like it before...which was strange since I saw it about 20 minutes after seeing your post.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    ANY jersey of ANY player of the Pittsburgh Pisces, used in the film, "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh".
    BTPH, (assuming this is not a joke) how hard have you looked for this? Have you tried contacting any of the actors who had a role or the production company? I have also heard some tales of companies that own all the costumes from movies. How about the wardrobe designers? I have my own grails and spend much time doing what I call "plotting" in an attmept to find them.

soxbats@aol.com

Sure BTPH would love the Set Shot Buford 'gamer', but could he choose between that and a Warren Coolidge 'gamer'? Tough.

I'd love to acquire a Dr. J. game jersey some day, but it seems unlikely. Big money.

GFC has a sweet Erving 76ers jersey that will be in their next auction. I'm gonna take a wild Lampson and say it will sell for more than any other Julius Erving NBA gamer has sold for in the past.

Banned

I would have to say it would be a Milwaukee Brewers game used bat from the 1982 World Series of any player from that team.
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

P.S. I'm always looking for Milwaukee Braves and Brewers game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    gonna take a wild Lampson
    In 20 years a "Wild Lampson" will be as common a term as "puckering" and "piling" in the hobby.

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Would Have To Say That My Holy Grail Of Collecting Would Be A Nolan Ryan Mets Game Used Jersey

I could die happy.......

Quote Originally Posted by soxbats View Post
    BTPH, (assuming this is not a joke) how hard have you looked for this? Have you tried contacting any of the actors who had a role or the production company? I have also heard some tales of companies that own all the costumes from movies. How about the wardrobe designers? I have my own grails and spend much time doing what I call "plotting" in an attmept to find them.

soxbats@aol.com
    Not a joke. The jerseys were designed and made by Sportsrobe(AIS) of Culver City. The production company, Lorimar, is out of business. I have talked to the lady who designed the jerseys back in 1978. She does not know where the jerseys are today. Not at Western costume or any of the studio wardrobes. Sportsrobe never had ownership after the film was made.
    Yes, this is serious bitness. I have searched since I have lived in Hollywood (11 years).
    I left a message on Stockard Channing's answering machine, but she still hasn't returned my call. (OK...that's a joke).

Banned

If we're dreaming, a Unitas GU jersey or helmet. Second choice, Montana GU jersey in red.

Can't afford either though. Got a child to put through college, and unfortunately she's Ivy League smart.