Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: What is your Holy Grail of collecting?

the 1991 home jersey that Roberto Alomar in the 1991 All-Star Game and then proceeded to wear for the rest of the second-half of the 1991 season. (i know this because it had a font anomaly). boy oh boy. man would that be something. i'd probably be buried in that jersey.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    ANY jersey of ANY player of the Pittsburgh Pisces, used in the film, "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh".
    I had no idea that there were so many fans of "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh".

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    It's reassuring to see that I'm not the only one who enjoys collecting (or trying to collect) tv- and movie-related sports items.

Within the realm of screen (rather than game) used items, I'd have to put that baseball Kevin Costner's character writes "For love of the game" on, in the film of that name. Any uniform item Costner wore in that movie would be nice, too.
    I have a costner signed ball with the "for the love of the game" inscription. Every time I look at it I wish it were inscribed "Crash Davis"

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Sure BTPH would love the Set Shot Buford 'gamer', but could he choose between that and a Warren Coolidge 'gamer'? Tough.
    I think I would like a Kenny Reeves Bulls gamer, more than a Carver High jersey.

Notice Reeves' hair. It's a toupee! Why did they leave that in the opening credits? Not dissing the folically-challenged...but dang, that's funny...

My Grail would have to be the 1999 Devil Rays Away jersey Canseco wore when he hit HR number 400 on April 14th 1999, which is today and also my birthday. He hit it on my 20th birthday. I have since acquired the bat and ball that he hit 400 with from Jose personally. I had the bat graded by Taube and he gave it a GU10! I will probably never see it, but I can always dream.

Todd

Unhappy Re: What is your Holy Grail of collecting?

A "REAL" Ricky Williams game worn Dolphins jersey!