Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charles Barkely Auburn Away Jersey help needed, please?

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can find information on Charles' blue Auburn away basketball jerseys? I have what may be his last year's jersey, as I have letters from both a former coach and the former equipment manager, but am trying to cover all of my bases. I have looked up photos on Getty Images, but have been unable to find a blue/away image, only white home. The "R" of the Rawlings tag I've found on these home jersey photos is the same, but can't match the size due to angle of photo. Any help on specifications, other images posted, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. I have photos of the jersey I have, if it would help for me to post them. Thanks again!

Re: Charles Barkely Auburn Away Jersey help needed, please?

B-A-R-K-L-E-Y....sorry; it's hard to type with a broken finger!?

You could try emailing the University. They might have some online archives or they may dig out a pic for you.

http://diglib.auburn.edu/contact.html

Thanks, Greg!

Two more options I've used with some success.

1) Try and find an Auburn yearbook (below). I've even offered a seller a few bucks via Paypal to scan a page or two for me.

http://tinyurl.com/6dz2qv

2) Contact the local newspaper (photo archives) that would have covered the Auburn games and see if they have a print you could buy.

Good luck.

Try searching the university's web page. I'm an Auburn grad, they have pictures of Barkley all over the arena. I imagine there's something on him on their sites.

Auburn also has an info line that used to pride themselves on answering random questions like that. 334-844-4244. It's the help desk at Foy Student Union. Its worth a phone call...they may know.

Also, if the jersey is a piece you don't want to keep, let me know. joeduncan@mail.com

Thanks....I appreciate the help!

Just an update....I've gotten some great responses from several of the links/web-sites that were recommended, and I appreciate all of the help!

If anyone has access to a photo of either white/home or blue/away Auburn jersey that shows the Rawlings tag with the SIZE showing...or happen to know what size he might have worn....I would appreciate that, also, please. Charles always seems to have his jersey tail out as he played, but unfortunately I can't read the size on any of the photos I've seen.

Thank you again for all of the help....I'm sooo much further along than before; you all have been great!

T

I'm going to try and upload some photos of the jersey I have...plus a photo sent from AU? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images